Cannot install Community Builder

11 years 5 months ago #215345 by sirodjon
Cannot install Community Builder was created by sirodjon
Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I tried to install the Community Builder extension which is compatible to version 2.5 but I get an error message 'JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file Path does not have a valid package'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago #215351 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Cannot install Community Builder

sirodjon wrote: Hi,

Can anyone help please?

I tried to install the Community Builder extension which is compatible to version 2.5 but I get an error message 'JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file Path does not have a valid package'

Did you read the Installation guide included in the CB 1.9 package?
Did you read the readme text file included in the CB 1.9 package?
Did you check our FAQ area?
Did you check our tutorials?
Did you search the forum for similar issues already addressed?

Not intending to sound offensive - just posting for others reading as I have answered this many times before.

Most likely your php environment is not permitting more than 2M uploads and the CB component is more than 2M.

This is causing your issues.

You need to study the above resources and maybe contact your hosting helpdesk for assistance to change your php environment.

11 years 5 months ago #215377 by sirodjon
Replied by sirodjon on topic Re: Cannot install Community Builder
Thanks. Should have comeback to the forum to close the topic as I sorted it all out.

11 years 5 months ago #215878 by joomlafreek
Replied by joomlafreek on topic Re: Cannot install Community Builder
Nant,

I too am getting a cryptic failure for some reason and note that it happens *instantly* - no typical delay (while it uploads) before the error occurs. This happens instantly.

Error received is generic "Apache internal server error" - with no particular error number (i.e. error 500, etc) as follows:
"....Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator......"

Naturally this takes me out of the J! Administrator backend, and Extension Manager.
If I click Back on my browser, I then do go back into the Extension Manager, and I see

(red "-" icon) "Install path does not exist"
(blue "i" icon) "Error installing component"

NOTE: Installing other components and modules (including as large or larger sized ones) I am having no issues.

Php.ini is set to 30MB for uploads.
Apache MOD_SECURITY is installed.
Permissions are all OK, ownership is fine though the Joomla Forum poster tool does seem to imply two things I need to look into further - and that is 1.) ownership is tied to the www-data Apache user and 2.) that apache2handler is the registered PHP API handler.

Outside of that, all files and folders are writable.
This is not a webhost, nor any provider. This is a "from scratch" built Ubuntu 11.x server by yours truly. So I have command line, root level access to the console. I get no clear how to or even WHO should the owner really be? (if that's the issue here)

And add to the confusion that no other extensions *so far* are having this issue - and are installing fine!

Suggestions? Ideas? Recommendations?
And yes I HAVE read the CB install guide. Naturally. :)

Thanks in advance!

Joomlafreek

11 years 5 months ago #215894 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Cannot install Community Builder
As suggested in the FAQ section ..

turn on Joomla debug to maximum level and check your server error logs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: joomlafreek

11 years 5 months ago #215965 by joomlafreek
Replied by joomlafreek on topic Re: Cannot install Community Builder
I sent you a PM with the log from the debug.
Basically I got a

500 - An error has occurred.
Installation unexpectedly terminated:Install path does not exist

I have verified that /tmp does in fact exist, has 755 perms.
Owned by www-data:www-data
Is writable, as is configuration.php (with 644 perms)
And of course, /administrator; /components; /modules; /images and so on - most certainly do exist and they too all have the proper perms. :huh:

While I know this will be something easy, as it always is, I'm stumped so far. :unsure:

It is one heckuva learning experience though relative to building a LAMP server under Joomla from scratch! B)

Thanks again!

Joomlafreek

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.446 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn