Super User Profile not Showing

11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #218716 by mesmer
Super User Profile not Showing was created by mesmer
Greetings all.

I've got a new installation of J3 and CB 1.9 and nearly everything seems to working great.

Except for this: I've created several user lists, one of which includes my super user account. When I select that list from the dropdown menu, it executes perfectly and shows my name, but if I click on my name to view my profile, it boots me out to the default list.

When I look at the url for anyone else on the list via mouseover, I can that it calls /index.php/contacts/userprofile/[username]

but when I mouseover my name, I only see /index.php/contacts which explains why I go straight to the default list.

Are super users not allowed to have their profiles displayed through CB for some reason? Is there a way to change this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

ken.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago #218892 by mesmer
Replied by mesmer on topic Re: Super User Profile not Showing
Anyone? I still can't figure this one out.

ken.

11 years 3 months ago #219006 by mesmer
Wow, I guess this one is a really stumper. Maybe I'll try another forum to see if anyone outside of Joomlapolis can offer any suggestions.

ken.

11 years 3 months ago #219067 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Super User Profile not Showing

mesmer wrote: Wow, I guess this one is a really stumper. Maybe I'll try another forum to see if anyone outside of Joomlapolis can offer any suggestions.

ken.

Did you follow installation instructions?

11 years 3 months ago #219247 by mesmer
I thought I had, but Nant's cryptic reply made me go back and check. Turns out I'd missed adding the CB Profile Menu Item (section 2.7 for anyone else who makes this mistake).

Problem solved.

Thanks Nant.

ken.

11 years 3 months ago #219249 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Super User Profile not Showing

mesmer wrote: I thought I had, but Nant's cryptic reply made me go back and check. Turns out I'd missed adding the CB Profile Menu Item (section 2.7 for anyone else who makes this mistake).

Problem solved.

Thanks Nant.

ken.

Sorry for the cryptic reply...
In the past I have answered the same question dozens of times (you can search on forums to verify this).
I have also described this in our picturebook tutorials here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/111-picture-books/18265-community-builder-quick-start

Everyone should really understand that Joomla requires a menu item for each installed component that has a frontend user interface.

And if the component is to allow frontend access for non logged in users (e.g., CB registration form), then this menu item needs to be PUBLIC.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn