Edit or Redirect After Filling Out Registration Form

10 years 10 months ago #228455 by 69Mikie
After filling out the form at index.php/component/comprofiler/registers and hitting the Register button, users end up at a plain "Thanks for registering..." page. How can I change that page or change which page they end up at while waiting for approval?

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #228460 by nant

69Mikie wrote: After filling out the form at index.php/component/comprofiler/registers and hitting the Register button, users end up at a plain "Thanks for registering..." page. How can I change that page or change which page they end up at while waiting for approval?

Thanks.

You can do this by changing language strings in CB language files.

10 years 10 months ago #228466 by 69Mikie
Thank you for responding so quickly.

I found the language file (components/com_profiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php) and see on line 195 that _UE_REG_COMPLETE_NOAPPR holds the text that appears on that page so I can just put my thank you message in there.

I'd like to add a menu to that page as well so it looks like a regular page and allows users to get back to the main site. I know I can throw in an "<a href=..." link in the text I create but can I put a menu in the regular menu location?

Thanks again.

10 years 10 months ago #228467 by nant
You should really not make changes directly to the default language strings as they will be over-written when you upgrade to a new CB version in the future.

You should instead download the English language plugin and install it and make modifications there.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn