Problems by viewing the own profile

10 years 10 months ago #229052 by Wolfgang Prauser
Problems by viewing the own profile was created by Wolfgang Prauser
In the protected members area of our website www.notocactus.eu I've created a list of registered members in Community Builder 1.9 ("in-mitglieder"). This List nearly works as desired, but there is a problem: When a member logs in and clicks on his own name or photo in this list, always only the whole Memberlist is newly invoked again (displayed link Example: www.notocactus.eu/internoto/in-mitglieder.html). By clicking on foreign names or fotos their complete profile-pages are shown correctly (displayed link Example: www.notocactus.eu/internoto/in-mitglieder/userprofile/gutierrezii.html)!
Do you have a solution what could be the cause of this problem and how I can fix this malfunction?
Thanks in advance!
Wolfgang Prauser

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 10 months ago #229058 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Problems by viewing the own profile

Wolfgang Prauser wrote: In the protected members area of our website www.notocactus.eu I've created a list of registered members in Community Builder 1.9 ("in-mitglieder"). This List nearly works as desired, but there is a problem: When a member logs in and clicks on his own name or photo in this list, always only the whole Memberlist is newly invoked again (displayed link Example: www.notocactus.eu/internoto/in-mitglieder.html). By clicking on foreign names or fotos their complete profile-pages are shown correctly (displayed link Example: www.notocactus.eu/internoto/in-mitglieder/userprofile/gutierrezii.html)!
Do you have a solution what could be the cause of this problem and how I can fix this malfunction?
Thanks in advance!
Wolfgang Prauser

Hello and welcome to our forums.

Believe you did not follow installation instructions - please see this:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/101-support/18293-public-menu-item-to-cb-profile

10 years 10 months ago #229514 by skul2
Replied by skul2 on topic Problems by viewing the own profile
Hi there,

Am having similar problem, it give error messages for register user but work great for the administrator, picture attached

Skul2
Attachments:

10 years 10 months ago #229540 by nant

skul2 wrote: Hi there,

Am having similar problem, it give error messages for register user but work great for the administrator, picture attached

Skul2

Not same issue as previous user.

Most likely you have created users in backend Joomla User Manager instead of CB User Manager.

Or the users have not confirmed their emails or have not been approved yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: skul2

10 years 10 months ago #229542 by skul2
Replied by skul2 on topic Problems by viewing the own profile
Hi there,

The user were registered from the site front end, but i have fixed the problem. I went to the tools section and Synchronize Users. I don't know whether this need to be done every time someone register, but will surely check later.

regards
Skul2

10 years 10 months ago #229545 by nant

skul2 wrote: Hi there,

The user were registered from the site front end, but i have fixed the problem. I went to the tools section and Synchronize Users. I don't know whether this need to be done every time someone register, but will surely check later.

regards
Skul2

Means that the did not register from CB process and most likely they used the Joomla User process which you should disable - please study the CB Installation manual and see our FAQ and Tutorials in the Support area.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn