Will Community Builder Work Like This?

10 years 6 months ago #235812 by robobobo
Will Community Builder Work Like This? was created by robobobo
First off apologies if some of this is obvious, but I need to be super sure and dead clear on everything that I'm doing here.

I have a few questions regarding my current setup and what I am proposing to use.

First off, I am currently using community builder and we've over 20,000 people registered to our site and in our database. However due to the specific nature of the site, we need to really simplify the login and registration process.

What we need to do is have the login and registration form on a number of pages through out the site. The 1 page for registration the community builder uses just won't work for us and since there doesn't appear to be any modules for a CB registration form (at least none I can find) I'm looking for a work around.

I am thinking of doing the following:
  • Using the regular Joomla registration system
  • Using one of the many Joomla Registration/Login modules available
  • Then have these users sync with the community builder table automatically

Is this possible? Can I turn off the CB registration form and use Joomla's or some other form instead?

Hopefully this all makes sense and any questions or suggestions do feel free to ask!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 6 months ago #235857 by danbo1972
Replied by danbo1972 on topic Will Community Builder Work Like This?
You can have the login/register show up anywhere on your site. There is a login module that is included within community builder. (cb_login) In fact, it is best to not use the joomla login module or your users will lose sync.
You can manually sync users in the tools section of the site if you want to, but man.... I see headaches having to keep up with that all the time. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me can tell you how to run a script that will automatically do it.

Currently my site has 23 pages. Each of those pages has a login mod supplied by community builder on it floating to the right side of the template. Couldn't be easier.

10 years 5 months ago #236173 by robobobo
Replied by robobobo on topic Will Community Builder Work Like This?
Thanks for you reply danbo1972

I'm aware of that module, but am I not correct in saying that form is only the log in form, with just a link to the register page?

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #236174 by danbo1972
This is what I get when I'm not logged into my site. Doesn't matter what page I'm on when I click on the link. So, yes you are correct, but it saves them navigating back to the register page on their own. Hmmmmm.... let me get back to you.
Attachments:

10 years 5 months ago #236175 by danbo1972
I was thinking the JCE lightbox would work but tried it an nothing. Sorry Im no help

10 years 5 months ago #236188 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Will Community Builder Work Like This?

robobobo wrote: First off apologies if some of this is obvious, but I need to be super sure and dead clear on everything that I'm doing here.

I have a few questions regarding my current setup and what I am proposing to use.

First off, I am currently using community builder and we've over 20,000 people registered to our site and in our database. However due to the specific nature of the site, we need to really simplify the login and registration process.

What we need to do is have the login and registration form on a number of pages through out the site. The 1 page for registration the community builder uses just won't work for us and since there doesn't appear to be any modules for a CB registration form (at least none I can find) I'm looking for a work around.

I am thinking of doing the following:

• Using the regular Joomla registration system
  • Using one of the many Joomla Registration/Login modules available
  • Then have these users sync with the community builder table automatically

Is this possible? Can I turn off the CB registration form and use Joomla's or some other form instead?

Hopefully this all makes sense and any questions or suggestions do feel free to ask!

Once you install CB you should really stop using Joomla login and registration processes.
If you use them you will have unsynced users.

There is no CB Registration module.
However there are various methods to display different flavors of the CB Registration using the CB Conditional plugin.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn