[SOLVED] [BUG] Fatal error: Allowed memory size exhausted uploading avatar / confirming registration

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #237062 by martijnende
Hey guys,

When I attempt to upload an avatar for a testuser account, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 83886080 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /var/www/*stuff*/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.acl.php on line 500

I get the same error when I want to confirm a new user account from the confirmation link sent in a mail, however if I press F5 I somehow manage to confirm the user account anyway.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Info:
CB version: 1.9.1
Joomla version: 3.2.0
PHP memory limit: 64M

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #237068 by martijnende
Conducting a quite deep search revealed that these issues are related to the usergroup that has id 6 (Manager). Deleting this usergroup solves the problem stated above. Please fix this bug for future releases.

10 years 5 months ago #237069 by nant
There is no bug to fix.

Your PHP memory is shared among all the extensions and Joomla itself.
Just because it is exhausted by your installation does not mean that any specific extension has a bug.

Just because you made a single change somewhere that resulted in less memory usage does not mean that you actually fixed something.

Try increasing your PHP memory like tha FAQ article (did you search?) suggests:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/101-support/18261-fatal-error-allowed-memory-size-of-xxx-bytes-exhausted-

10 years 5 months ago #237161 by martijnende
And you think over 80MB of memory usage is considered normal? The memory limit is set to 64MB which is plenty, since the typical memory usage is less than 30MB for the entire website to run. Something as simple as confirming a registration should not take up 80MB of memory.

Removing the Manager user group (id 6) did not decrease the average memory usage of the website, but it seems that CB conflicts with this user group, causing it to spike. It seems others have issues with this as well: see this topic and this bug report .

All in all this looks pretty much like a bug to me... I'm glad removing the Manager group magically made it go away.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn