The CB Login Module (Installation question)

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #240455 by pctoolbin
I am helping my wife with trying to get this working and are running into a snag. The module is enabled and we've followed the steps on this page:

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/96-configuration/18394-configuring-and-publishing-the-cb-login-module

But the login module in the upper right of the site never changes -- she's assuming we will be able to tell the difference between CB's login module/function vs. the standard joomla login with the a custom theme:

www.thebigfatskinny.com (login in the upper right never changes, but we can log in and go to profile and can see the CB profile basic information there. Trying to register just takes me back to the login screen as well......not sure if we have to do something special for non-default themes used for Joomla...and we're stuck on the steps in the tutorial as we don't seem to be making any progress.

And another issue we've encountered is clicking on the "Registration" link, now just takes you to the login seen above when trying to login...no registration can occur now. Are we missing something to enable CB's registration or did we unpublish something CB instructions told us to which we need to re-publish?

The only other major extension she has on the site is K2...not sure if there are conflicts or issues there, but thought I would mention it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Jason

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #240465 by nant
You need to create Joomla menu items for those login and register links pointing to CB and replace the existing ones with them.

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #240474 by pctoolbin
Replied by pctoolbin on topic The CB Login Module (Installation question)

nant wrote: You need to create Joomla menu items for those login and register links pointing to CB and replace the existing ones with them.

Is there a tutorial step for this? I didn't seem to find it...hopefully I didn't overlook it.

EDIT: I think I found it...this step is what you are referring to, correct? www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/96-configuration/18393-creating-a-joomla-menu-for-cb

This refers only to the profile menu item....so what you are saying is the login and registration menu items need to be created as well? How will that replace the login in the upper right of the site? Slightly confused as there was nothing in the instructions about login and registration menu items -- and even more confused as the login in the upper right of her site isn't a "menu item"....

UPDATE: We figured out how to remove the login in the upper right....how do we use community builder's login in the upper right (i.e. not being a "menu item")...

Any further help would be appreciated.

10 years 3 months ago #240562 by pctoolbin
Replied by pctoolbin on topic The CB Login Module (Installation question)

pctoolbin wrote:

nant wrote: You need to create Joomla menu items for those login and register links pointing to CB and replace the existing ones with them.

Is there a tutorial step for this? I didn't seem to find it...hopefully I didn't overlook it.

EDIT: I think I found it...this step is what you are referring to, correct? www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/96-configuration/18393-creating-a-joomla-menu-for-cb

This refers only to the profile menu item....so what you are saying is the login and registration menu items need to be created as well? How will that replace the login in the upper right of the site? Slightly confused as there was nothing in the instructions about login and registration menu items -- and even more confused as the login in the upper right of her site isn't a "menu item"....

UPDATE: We figured out how to remove the login in the upper right....how do we use community builder's login in the upper right (i.e. not being a "menu item")...

Any further help would be appreciated.

Added an update for further assistance. Thank you in advance.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.749 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn