Login with code for students

10 years 2 months ago #242106 by dynalando
Login with code for students was created by dynalando
Hi,

Im making this thesis that sort of student organization website and student organization recognition. My problem is student must register with a code to authenticate them as bonafide students of the school, how can I achieve this? and is there a way to generate a report of students who register to the community on the front-end (Student affairs access)?

I'm very pressured and I cant think correctly thats why Im asking some help. please somebody help me. :( im stuck

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #242109 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Login with code for students

dynalando wrote: Hi,

Im making this thesis that sort of student organization website and student organization recognition. My problem is student must register with a code to authenticate them as bonafide students of the school, how can I achieve this? and is there a way to generate a report of students who register to the community on the front-end (Student affairs access)?

I'm very pressured and I cant think correctly thats why Im asking some help. please somebody help me. :( im stuck

Many ways to do this.

You can authenticate offline by requiring admin approval for new registrations.
Create a field for the code and have admins approve new registrations based on a valid code.

If you need this done in an automated fashion you will need professional membership add-ons.

CB Invite add-on and CB DB Lookup Field can be used.

10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #242208 by dynalando
Replied by dynalando on topic Login with code for students
I got the Idea... now I want to know how to mass generate invite codes without inviting one by one, and when a successful registration by validating with DB Lookup Field, how to delete the used invite code in the Database?

10 years 2 months ago #242256 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Login with code for students

dynalando wrote: I got the Idea... now I want to know how to mass generate invite codes without inviting one by one, and when a successful registration by validating with DB Lookup Field, how to delete the used invite code in the Database?

This link should help you:

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb-cbdblookupfield/wiki

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.270 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn