CB Configuration page blank or Error 500 - Internal Server Error

9 years 1 month ago #260793 by preldin
Hi,
My host recently updated to Nginx and php 5.4 from a old Apache php 5.3.3 so now I started to upgrade my site. Everything is working fine on the frontend and almost everything works as expected on the backend except that I cannot reach CB Configuration. I instead get an "Error 500 - Internal Server Error"-page, or if I turn on debugging, just a blank page.

I run Joomla 3.4 and CB 2.0.7 and have tried to search the forums and google and so far not find anything unusual.
  • Memory limit is according to host set to 128, I checked with your script and got the result:
    "You have allocated 99M (104039864) memory in this php script"
  • cURL support is enabled
  • curl_multi_exec was disabled but is not anymore (however no visual effect)
  • I do not have access to server logs to my knowledge
  • Tools > DB checks completed (and fixed for Inno DB)
  • Other related system info:
    • Database Version: 5.5.41-0+wheezy1
    • PHP Version: 5.4.36-0+deb7u3
    • Web Server: nginx/1.2.1
    • WebServer to PHP Interface: fpm-fcgi
Any suggestions on how to investigate further? Most of the answers I'm finding is related to the memory limit and that does not seem to be the problem in my case. The site is not very large, a couple of hundred users and not more than 50 fields per user and no large info blocks in any of the fields. I'm not using any CB or third party plugins.

Kind Regards
Pierre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #260801 by nant

preldin wrote: Hi,
My host recently updated to Nginx and php 5.4 from a old Apache php 5.3.3 so now I started to upgrade my site. Everything is working fine on the frontend and almost everything works as expected on the backend except that I cannot reach CB Configuration. I instead get an "Error 500 - Internal Server Error"-page, or if I turn on debugging, just a blank page.

I run Joomla 3.4 and CB 2.0.7 and have tried to search the forums and google and so far not find anything unusual.

• Memory limit is according to host set to 128, I checked with your script and got the result:
    "You have allocated 99M (104039864) memory in this php script"
  • cURL support is enabled
  • curl_multi_exec was disabled but is not anymore (however no visual effect)
  • I do not have access to server logs to my knowledge
  • Tools > DB checks completed (and fixed for Inno DB)
  • Other related system info:
    • Database Version: 5.5.41-0+wheezy1
    • PHP Version: 5.4.36-0+deb7u3
    • Web Server: nginx/1.2.1
    • WebServer to PHP Interface: fpm-fcgi
Any suggestions on how to investigate further? Most of the answers I'm finding is related to the memory limit and that does not seem to be the problem in my case. The site is not very large, a couple of hundred users and not more than 50 fields per user and no large info blocks in any of the fields. I'm not using any CB or third party plugins.

Kind Regards
Pierre

Hi and thanks for the (refreshing) very detailed report.

Issue 1 - you are not getting 128M - it seems that you are only getting 100M. Not sure if this is the cause of your issue.

Suggest you look at the server error log and see if the internal server error left a trace.

Also look in your J34 Extensions -> Extensions Manager -> Warnings area

9 years 1 month ago #260818 by preldin
Hi,
Thanks for a quick reply. The reason for only 99M was that I did not replace the site with the Memory testing script, but put it in a sub folder, so I think if I read the debugging info from Joomla correctly that around 10M is allocated on frontend and 10M on backend, so all in all this might add up and why I don't think this was my biggest concern. I might be mistaken.

I did check for warnings on Extension Manager and there was none. Also, if I turn on debugging and Maximum report and surf both frontend and backend, I do not get any other warnings or errors that might be the cause. So the rest of the site seems to be working correctly...

I have engaged my host in looking into the server logs. Let's see if they found anything. They are however no joomla experts (or quite far from it) so any suggestion from your side would be appreciated.

Kind Regards
Pierre

9 years 2 weeks ago #262208 by NFER-ICT
Hi Pierre,

Did you get this sorted in the end? I'd be interested as I'm having the same problem.

I've recently upgraded to Joomla 3.4 and CB 2.0.7 and whilst everything works fine on the frontend, the admin backend doesn't display any screen related to Community Builder - including Control Panel, User Management, Plugin Management, GroupJive or CBSubs.

All other backend components can be viewed fine (Akeeba & J2XML) just NOT any of the CB stuff.

I'd be interested in hearing how your issue is going.

Dave

9 years 2 weeks ago #262210 by nant

NFER-ICT wrote: Hi Pierre,

Did you get this sorted in the end? I'd be interested as I'm having the same problem.

I've recently upgraded to Joomla 3.4 and CB 2.0.7 and whilst everything works fine on the frontend, the admin backend doesn't display any screen related to Community Builder - including Control Panel, User Management, Plugin Management, GroupJive or CBSubs.

All other backend components can be viewed fine (Akeeba & J2XML) just NOT any of the CB stuff.

I'd be interested in hearing how your issue is going.

Dave

Suggest you follow our FAQ article (frequently asked - but never searched for :-( ):

www.joomlapolis.com/support/faq/101-support/18227-blank-page-issue

9 years 2 weeks ago #262211 by NFER-ICT
Thanks Nick, I'll take a look :-)

Not always easy to knnow what terms to search for ;-)

Dave

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn