confirmation emails not sent when on joomla registration

9 years 2 weeks ago #262122 by wjgadmin
hi guys
i use CB 1.9.1 & cbsubs 3.0 on joomla 3.4.
i have a component as a shopping cart which uses the joomla cms for registrations. when a user registers CB does not send out a confirmation email however i can see the user in the CB back end as Not Confirmed.
can you please tell me how to make CB send the confirmation email. thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262132 by nant

wbusbytrader wrote: hi guys
i use CB 1.9.1 & cbsubs 3.0 on joomla 3.4.
i have a component as a shopping cart which uses the joomla cms for registrations. when a user registers CB does not send out a confirmation email however i can see the user in the CB back end as Not Confirmed.
can you please tell me how to make CB send the confirmation email. thanks!

In order for CB to send confirmation emails you need to use the CB registration process.

I see no reason why any Joomla component will have issues with the CB registration process as CB will fire all Joomla triggers just like the Joomla process does.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262148 by wjgadmin
thank you for the reply. to my knowledge we have always used the CB registration process. when a user registers via CB they get the confirmation email no problem. could you please let me know the settings that i should check? thank you

9 years 2 weeks ago #262149 by wjgadmin
i he done further research on my settings & they all seem correct.
1. CB "Allow User Registration" = yes, independently of global site settings
2. CB "Require Email Confirmation" = Yes
3. Welcome Email has content & subject
4. Joomla User Plugin "Notification Mail to User" = no (i have tried this on yes also
5. Joomla User Registration/ User Manager "Allow User Registration" = no

i would greatly appreciate your help in resolving this as i can not figure it out after multiple tests. the confirmation emails go out just fine when registering from CB but not from joomla. thank you

9 years 2 weeks ago #262153 by nant

wbusbytrader wrote: the confirmation emails go out just fine when registering from CB but not from joomla. thank you

Once again - you should not be using Joomla for registration.

Sorry - not much more I can tell you.

9 years 2 weeks ago #262171 by wjgadmin
sorry i thought you meant there was a setting for CB registration process.
so just so i am clear, there is no way for CB to process correctly if the user is registered via joomla user registration?
if not, it is interesting that CB recognizes the tables because the user does show up in the CB database & in the joomla/community builder/users back end. so if it is recognizing that a user was created shouldnt it still handle it? it seems this should be the case?
thank you for the assistance!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.279 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn