Upgrade joomla 2.5 to joomla 3.x

8 years 1 month ago #279602 by theohope
Upgrade joomla 2.5 to joomla 3.x was created by theohope
I have joomla 2.5.8 and CB quickstar pro 1.3, and i want to upgrade joomla 2.5 to a joomla 3.4 version.
If i make it,is there any risk? CB quickstar pro 1.3 is compatible with joomla 3?

Thank you.

Cordially,

Théo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago #279613 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upgrade joomla 2.5 to joomla 3.x

theohope wrote: I have joomla 2.5.8 and CB quickstar pro 1.3, and i want to upgrade joomla 2.5 to a joomla 3.4 version.
If i make it,is there any risk? CB quickstar pro 1.3 is compatible with joomla 3?

Thank you.

Cordially,

Théo

Should be ok, but make sure you backup everything and do a test migration first.

Then you should really upgrade to latest CB 2.0.13 and latest add-ons (you will need to renew your professional membership to get latest).

8 years 1 month ago #279619 by theohope
Replied by theohope on topic Upgrade joomla 2.5 to joomla 3.x
Thank you for your quick answer.
So,upgrading to joomla 3.4 will be ok.

My website will remain exactely the same if i get the new CB Quickstart Pro and install it after the upgrade?

I'll take today my professional membership.

Cordially,

Théo

8 years 1 month ago #279635 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Upgrade joomla 2.5 to joomla 3.x

theohope wrote: Thank you for your quick answer.
So,upgrading to joomla 3.4 will be ok.

My website will remain exactely the same if i get the new CB Quickstart Pro and install it after the upgrade?

I'll take today my professional membership.

Cordially,

Théo

There is no CB Quickstart PRO for CB 2.0+.

CB 2.0+ already has 11 previously paid for add-ons embedded - see this article for details:

www.joomlapolis.com/news/18481-11-previously-commercial-add-ons-included-in-cb-20

You just need to manually install any CB add-on you have after your migration and upgrade to CB 2.0.13+ based on this page:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-20-addon-status

8 years 4 weeks ago - 8 years 4 weeks ago #279875 by theohope
Replied by theohope on topic Upgrade joomla 2.5 to joomla 3.x
I made a test in local.I try to upgrade to joomla 3.5
Using one of your video on youtube:
CB 2.0 Tutorials - 39 - Updating your Joomla 2.5 / CB 2.0 website to Joomla 3.3

But i have some error messages like:

-Not open update.joomla.org/core/sts/extension_sts.xml

-Notice: Undefined property: JUpdate::$downloadurl in C<span>:</span><span>\</span>wamp\www\newsitejoomla\administrator\components\com_joomlaupdate\views\default\tmpl\default.php on line 61

-Notice: Undefined property: JUpdate::$downloadurl in C<span>:</span><span>\</span>wamp\www\newsitejoomla\administrator\components\com_joomlaupdate\views\default\tmpl\default.php on line 62

-Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C<span>:</span><span>\</span>wamp\www\newsitejoomla\administrator\components\com_joomlaupdate\views\default\tmpl\default.php on line 62

i hope you got the file i ad it's a print screen.
Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.739 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn