User Registration Notification takes a long time

13 years 3 months ago #150373 by miikie3
Hello,

I'm building a site with CB. I have it required for users to have to confirm through email. However, it's taking about 3 hours for the confirmation link to be sent. Is this normal? I've checked the email settings in both CB and Joomla, they are both sending from the same gmail account and I'm using the PHP mail function. I have another Joomla site without CB in which I was gmail with the PHP mail function so I don't believe it's gmail. Any help with this issue would be great. Thanks!

Post edited by: miikie3, at: 2011/01/08 05:16

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150380 by nant
miikie3 wrote:

Hello,

I'm building a site with CB. I have it required for users to have to confirm through email. However, it's taking about 3 hours for the confirmation link to be sent. Is this normal? I've checked the email settings in both CB and Joomla, they are both sending from the same gmail account and I'm using the PHP mail function. I have another Joomla site without CB in which I was gmail with the PHP mail function so I don't believe it's gmail. Any help with this issue would be great. Thanks!

Post edited by: miikie3, at: 2011/01/08 05:16

There is no buffer in CB or Joomla email sending.

Either your email service is causing this (ask your host) or the emails are being delayed at the receiver end.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn