Clicking "Private Messages" links to profile

13 years 3 months ago #150830 by tauxfu
Instead of going to an inbox, the way I would if i clicked the private message link on this site, my private messages link takes me to my user profile. There are no mail or message related features on my profile. (derp. )

I have Community Builder Installed and the Private Message System plugin is active/published. From the back end it LOOKS like it should work.

please advise.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150841 by nant

tauxfu wrote: Instead of going to an inbox, the way I would if i clicked the private message link on this site, my private messages link takes me to my user profile. There are no mail or message related features on my profile. (derp. )

I have Community Builder Installed and the Private Message System plugin is active/published. From the back end it LOOKS like it should work.

please advise.

Have you followed all steps in the CB Installation guide?
Did you create a public menu item to CB?
Did you create a menu item for your PMS component?

Sounds like you have not properly configured the CB Messaging (integration) plugin.

13 years 3 months ago #150938 by tauxfu
CB is installed properly, I have a functioning CB menu.
(At least before I read this message and ransacked my whole site in search of some configuration error on my part)

The private messaging system plugin, in CB Plugin Manager(pms.mypmspro)was published.
The "private messages" link was showing up and clickable in my forum menu as it should have. (As it is on all sites who use CB) It was just sending me to my profile instead of an inbox. I could not find an inbox component anywhere.

Sounds like you have not properly configured the CB Messaging (integration) plugin.

It appeared that I had, I thought I was possibly missing a vital plugin to make that connection between "Private Message" link and "Inbox" work. Which is why I posted my question here. Thinking it would be a simple solution for something I had just overlooked, but that would be obvious to those who were experienced with CB.

Now after making such a mess in my site and being on the verge of uninstalling everything and starting over from scratch, I decided to Google my question and the CB plugin name: pms.mypmspro

PEBCAK. Found my answer.

I Ignorantly assumed the Private Messaging System component was packaged with CB
(I kept seeing Plugin Name: Private Messaging System Status: Published Type: User Directory: pms.mypmspro and thought that was it, the thing i needed to make this work, when it fact that was only the integration plugin)

Yes, I am braindead.

I installed UddeIM after realizing it was a separate entity. Problem solved.

I apologize for asking such a ridiculous question.

13 years 3 months ago #150941 by nant
No worries - it happens ..

glad you are back on track ...

13 years 1 month ago #158942 by mountain91074
Replied by mountain91074 on topic Re: Clicking "Private Messages" links to profile
tauxfu,

would you tell me how did you soloved this problem?
because I also have same problem but don't understand how did you do this...

than you.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn