Features list (specific) Advanced member search

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #150947 by Danno61
Is there a specific list available on all features of CB for the newest version of Joomla.

I am looking for:

1. Custom defined user fields that are searchable through a one click (to access) member search (very simple to get to), with the end result showing a memberlist consisting of the custom search criteria entered)

1. A. - How many lines of text can you put in a custom drop down menu. Is there a limit. I want to a drop down of all the countries in the world.

2. A system with the ability to leave video/audio comments for the end user and the admin. Every laptop now sold comes standard with a webcam! Does the CMS world plan on (or is CB already have this in the plans?)putting this as a priority?

3. Does CB have a forum available or is that another plugin?

4. Should I wait for new version of CB and Joomla to get a chance to get out there and get all the bugs out, before I start my project? How long should I wait?

A specific list with detailed features would be very nice and very helpful. It may be here and I may have missed it. If this is the case, sorry. :unsure:

Any input would be great. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150984 by nant

Danno61 wrote: Is there a specific list available on all features of CB for the newest version of Joomla.

For clarity purposes: the latest version of CB (as of post date) is 1.3.1. The latest version of Joomla is in fact Joomla 1.6.0. CB 1.3.1 is not fully compatible with Joomla 1.6.0 (due to last minute API changes in Joomla). There will be a new CB release that addresses this issue.

I am looking for:

1. Custom defined user fields that are searchable through a one click (to access) member search (very simple to get to), with the end result showing a memberlist consisting of the custom search criteria entered)

I believe core CB with its user list functionality can address this.

1. A. - How many lines of text can you put in a custom drop down menu. Is there a limit. I want to a drop down of all the countries in the world.

I believe that core CB can also address this. You might have to directly import to database to save time.

2. A system with the ability to leave video/audio comments for the end user and the admin. Every laptop now sold comes standard with a webcam! Does the CMS world plan on (or is CB already have this in the plans?)putting this as a priority?

I have not seen such a system. Perhaps search the JED for it or post to Joomla forums for feedback.

3. Does CB have a forum available or is that another plugin?

No, CB does not have a built-in forum but it has many integrations with forums. There is a built-in integration for Kunena and other forum components also have their own CB plugins to integrate with CB. You need to install the forum extension separately.

4. Should I wait for new version of CB and Joomla to get a chance to get out there and get all the bugs out, before I start my project? How long should I wait?

Regarding Joomla 1.6.0, I would certainly wait for at least version 1.6.3.

A specific list with detailed features would be very nice and very helpful. It may be here and I may have missed it. If this is the case, sorry. :unsure:

Any input would be great. :)

There are too many features and functionality to put in a list but hopefully my answers above have helped you.

13 years 3 months ago #150990 by Danno61
Thank you for your input.

One more quick question.

How do you get rid of the Karma rating. This very offensive to me. It is a very paganistic :woohoo: thought process that I have no desire to have on my my site.

I am not into the New Age Movement or Theosophy. Can this be removed?

To each their own, and this is one thing that I do not want to own. :laugh:

Thanks again for your input

13 years 3 months ago #150992 by nant
The Karma is a forum feature and can be turned off from it

13 years 2 months ago #155183 by Danno61
Hello again,

Can CB actually work as a standalone platform without using Joomla?

13 years 2 months ago #155198 by nant

Danno61 wrote: Hello again,

Can CB actually work as a standalone platform without using Joomla?

No, at the moment CB must be installed over a CMS layer (Joomla or Mambo).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.706 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn