User Groups

13 years 3 months ago #151165 by benmango
User Groups was created by benmango
Hi there,

I have built a Joomla 1.5 site. I want the ability to have 3 user groups. Each group would have separate and slightly different registration forms. Once they have registered each group would have access to different content, they would also be able to see profiles for their group members but not for members of the other groups. They would also have their own forums which only they could access (I've already installed Kunena). One of the groups would be further divided into smaller sub-groups each with their own forum.

Can anyone tell me what I could use to achieve this? Could I do this with CB Subs (I'm not charging anyone anything for membership)? Or could I do this just with JUGA and CB? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151168 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Groups
CBSubs can do this.

It can hide fields on registration form based on CBSubs plan selected.
It can protect any Joomla content (section, category, individual article, etc.) and require specific plan for access to content element.
It can use URL-parts protection to protect Kunena forum area (see how we have protected our Priority support forum areas).
It can protect and CB Field/Tab against CBSubs plan (so subscription to a plan is needed to get a field/tab or to see other profile fields/tabs)

Looks like a good fit for your use case.
The following user(s) said Thank You: benmango

13 years 2 months ago #153526 by sirdani
Replied by sirdani on topic Re: User Groups
Hi,
Is it possible to create a custom field on user's profile, which is showing the user's Joomla group? I use J1.6, CB 1.3.1
Thanks

13 years 2 months ago #153532 by neilaj
Replied by neilaj on topic Re: User Groups
Is CB Subs an addon or subscription plan? I'm confused.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.798 seconds