Can I do this with Community Builder?

13 years 3 months ago #151768 by bongobongo
Can I do this with Community Builder? was created by bongobongo
Hi

I want to be able to accomplish the following:

I have a Joomla 1.6 webiste where I and other publish articles.

1. Backend change for users
When I add editors (users) in the joomla backend I want to be able to add an image of the editor.
It would be cool if I could have another custom field where I can write some short text about this person.

2. Frontend change for search result and for article view
When a user search for articles on the frontend, then I want an image of the creator to appear next to title and intro text for each article listed in the search results.

And when an article is viewed I want to be able to show the image of the article creator together with the custom text-field explained earlier.

Can I use Community Builder to accomplish the above.....
I assume I will have to make som overrides to the search result page and article view page in order to add the new fields.... but will these new field-variables be accessible form within the overrieds?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #152405 by bongobongo
Replied by bongobongo on topic Re: Can I do this with Community Builder?
Hi

Why not one answer to my simple question?

13 years 3 months ago #152425 by nant

bongobongo wrote: Hi

I want to be able to accomplish the following:

I have a Joomla 1.6 webiste where I and other publish articles.

1. Backend change for users
When I add editors (users) in the joomla backend I want to be able to add an image of the editor.
It would be cool if I could have another custom field where I can write some short text about this person.

2. Frontend change for search result and for article view
When a user search for articles on the frontend, then I want an image of the creator to appear next to title and intro text for each article listed in the search results.

And when an article is viewed I want to be able to show the image of the article creator together with the custom text-field explained earlier.

Can I use Community Builder to accomplish the above.....
I assume I will have to make som overrides to the search result page and article view page in order to add the new fields.... but will these new field-variables be accessible form within the overrieds?

All of the above is most likely doable with the help of extra Joomla content plugins that would integrate with CB.

Nothing like this currently exists. We are working to get CB 1.4 released which will work better with Joomla 1.6.0 and after that hopefully some third-party developers will produce such integration.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn