tag username/names

13 years 3 months ago #153052 by ukjtf01
tag username/names was created by ukjtf01
I run a product directory site and i'd like to tag username as a [vendor] or [member] by a selection on sign up form.

Is this possible...?

Username + TAG is basically what I need.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #153059 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: tag username/names
Really depends where you need to display this. If you simply want to display the username + tag in the profile you can use a delimiter field displaying both (www.allmysocials.com/tutorials for Delimiter magic).
If you want the formated username to be username + tag you could use the professional user's CB Query incubator plugin to alter the corresponding database item when the user registers.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ukjtf01

13 years 3 months ago #153108 by ukjtf01
Replied by ukjtf01 on topic Re: tag username/names
Thanks for that - looks like I'd need the Pro edition, sadly I'm running an open source project and it becomes to expensive to keep buying lots of memberships & plugins :(

I would want it to appear next to the username without the user having the choice - anything else I can do? or is that the only options?

Cheers!

13 years 3 months ago #153111 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: tag username/names

ukjtf01 wrote: Thanks for that - looks like I'd need the Pro edition, sadly I'm running an open source project and it becomes to expensive to keep buying lots of memberships & plugins :(

I would want it to appear next to the username without the user having the choice - anything else I can do? or is that the only options?

Cheers!

The delimiter field suggestion given should work. And the link given to you helps (if you take the time and read the tutorials I guess).
[username][[cb_tag]]

if you create a single drop-down (or single checkbox) field named cb_tag, then the above code in a CB Delimiter field should do the trick.

Yes, opensource projects need funding ...

13 years 3 months ago #153253 by ukjtf01
Replied by ukjtf01 on topic Re: tag username/names

heyai wrote: Really depends where you need to display this. If you simply want to display the username + tag in the profile you can use a delimiter field displaying both (www.allmysocials.com/tutorials for Delimiter magic).
If you want the formated username to be username + tag you could use the professional user's CB Query incubator plugin to alter the corresponding database item when the user registers.

Heyai,

I can't seem to find "Delimiter magic" on the tutorials... I had left it to this weekend as I could then really focus on it :) Could you point me in the right direction.

13 years 3 months ago #153271 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: tag username/names
Have a look at the subsitution tutorials. They'll tell you all you need to know and with nant's example your issue should be no problem anymore. Sorry for the confusion ;)

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds