Required Date Field Error

13 years 2 months ago #153298 by pehanlon@gmail.com
Required Date Field Error was created by pehanlon@gmail.com
When using the date field as a required field in the CB registration, we are getting an error that the date field must be entered when it has been entered prior to hitting submit.

The only way I've temporarily resolved is to use the older of the two calendars allowed in the CB configuration. The newer calendar was working for as long as my site has been active (almost two years) but recently this error has been introduced.

Anyone know what may be wrong?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153306 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Required Date Field Error
Please give versions of your environment (see Help Us Help You article in FAQ).

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #153341 by pehanlon@gmail.com
Replied by pehanlon@gmail.com on topic Re: Required Date Field Error
Using CB 1.3.1, Joomla 1.5.22, PHP 5.2.17.

Here is what I have determined to cause the error.

At the CB configuration, under General tab if you set "Calendar Type" to "Drop-down (+popup) calendar" and under User Profile tab you set "Use new div or old table based views" to "use divs (table-less output)" the use of a REQUIRED date field in the Registration screen will return an error (e.g. it will not be accepted). This occurs at least on most recent Firefox and Safari browsers, I believe Internet Explorer does not have an issue.

To prevent the error from happening, I have set CB configuration "Calendar Type" to "Drop-down (+popup) calendar" and "Use new div or old table based views" to "use tables." With these settings, the REQUIRED date field is accepted at the registration process without error.

Maybe a "bug" or at least some form of conflict problem with the described settings?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn