How to upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.4 (current CB)....

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #154239 by dtarver
Hi

I have CB 1.2.2 and want to upgrade to 1.4. Are there instructions some where that I can follow?

Also, need to know if I am using AEC (a subscription component) if there are special steps that I need to follow when upgrading?

Thank you,
Dora

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #154256 by nant

dtarver wrote: Hi

I have CB 1.2.2 and want to upgrade to 1.4. Are there instructions some where that I can follow?

Also, need to know if I am using AEC (a subscription component) if there are special steps that I need to follow when upgrading?

Thank you,
Dora

CB Upgrade instructions are included in the readme files (located in the distribution package).

Depending on your Joomla version this may be a simple install over (if on J15x).

However, some versions of the AEC script you are using are known to hack (modify) both CB and Joomla - so you might have issues if this is your case.

13 years 2 months ago #155295 by rctelles
I am upgrading from 1.2.2 to 1.4 also and just want to make sure I am not going to have any expected problems with the following components/modules/plugins.

Joomla 1.5.22
CB Contact 1.1
DT Delete Me 1.2
CB Captcha (from previous Docs Subscription)
CB Profile Gallery
CB ProfileBook
CB Facebook Connect

Do I need to upgrade any of the doc subscriber ones with the CB upgrade or will they all still work?

13 years 2 months ago #155507 by rctelles
I upgraded. Had to upgrade Kunena too. Forgot to mention that. Everything looks alright.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn