I am trying to install cb

13 years 2 months ago #156518 by Groovyaxis2
I am trying to install cb was created by Groovyaxis2
Every time i try to install cb on my site i get the error "There was an error uploading this file to the server." whe trying to install com_comprofiler . yet other virs of this module will upload fine i am running joomla 1.6 , Is it simply the fact it times out? i have no clue at this stage but i have used joomla and cb in the passed and i like it i would like to reinstall it please! any help would be awsome

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #156539 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: I am trying to install cb
Please read the Install readme file included in the distribution package.

Most likely your PHP upload filesize setting is too small.

(also answered on forums before)

13 years 2 months ago #156605 by Groovyaxis2
Replied by Groovyaxis2 on topic Re: I am trying to install cb
Yeah sorry i should have said i have followed those instrucations. my upload was set to 10M for timeouts is there another one i am ment to check? i have also uploaded the file to the server useing ftp then tryed to install pack from there but still the same thing . every time i use the back end of Joomla to try install the com_ it tells me there was a problem uploading it even when the file is uploaded to the server already. The joomla install is a fresh one thanks to issues with the preveous vir of that same add on, it worked but i had to change a few Data base issues.When i seen the new vir of CB i desided to redo the compleat site (whitch is fine) but for some reason it just wont upload that 1 file , everything else is fine i have even used a fresh copy of the cb and still no joy. i am stumped as to why it just wont load the one Com yet theres no problems with anything else? I am making a back up now and updating joomla with the new security patch . From 1.6.0 to 1.6.1 so i am hoping that will posably correct the issue but i dout it . Every thing seems to run ok bar a few small hicups just the one file wont load. I tryed the exburt files for install "copy to there respective directories" used the "Descover" to find the 3 addons but it was clear i missed a step as the com_comprofiler was not descoverd so that in itself spat out issues , any idea how i maybe able to get cb working on 1.6.1 when its done updating?

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #156610 by Groovyaxis2
So anyway i did the update to 1.6.1 and i descoverd an issue my .htaccess file was denying the update to run though , after removing that it went though but told me i was already running the updated vir of joomla .So posably maybe found the issue as to why the file wont install HOWEVER now i have run that update script all my wraper pages no longer work

Truthfully i am getting rather annoyed at these errors i am havin "considering i have been up till 2:30am the last 3 nights rebuilding" i have redone the pages in the back end of joomla with no luck... anyway i will keep you updated on my progress with the CB install , hopfully i MIGHT have a win with that atleast

13 years 2 months ago #156611 by Groovyaxis2
Ok so i installed joomla 1.6.0 to a test site , copyed over the file needed to fix the errors in the wraper i seem to have got after the update. I reconfigerd my .htaccess file and i was able to install CB without a hitch , went perfect . On the server all CB stuff installed perfect,in extenation manager all installed and enabled . everything looked great...
So come the time to publish the new CB install "cb login , cb online , cb workflow" and thay are not there!
thay have not showed up on the Module manager at all so at this stage i can not enable them from the back end. Any change i can get info on how to fix this issue please? there is nothing in my error log , i have use checkin thinkin thay may have done it and all the cb tool checks come back green

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #156616 by Groovyaxis2
Edited .. i have relised its not a problem with the module but with the joomla install as a few other things are having problems with installing to the admin back end tool bar/submenu . any one have any ideas?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.273 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn