GD 2

13 years 1 month ago #156635 by CarDriver
GD 2 was created by CarDriver
My provider has confirmed that GD 2 i installed, yet, CB still says GD 2 Library is not installed.

Do I need some sort of plug in - and where do I get it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156686 by wtfbrb
Replied by wtfbrb on topic Re: GD 2
Don't mean to get your hopes up Car by having a reply...but I have the exact same behavior. I am wondering on my case if it is because I have phpinfo() disabled. Everything seems to work on the front end as far as user images and gallery images, but the backend still says it isn't enabled. Not sure if this is where CB gets it's info but I would like someone to confirm that this isn't a problem before I start making more CB sites.

Car you do not need a plugin, PHP is either compiled with it or not. I know mine was compiled with it and I use it on other sites. If I were you I would believe them that it is installed, and check joomla admin under help->System Info->PHP Information to see if it has your php information there. If it is blank then you probably have the phpinfo command disabled as well. If it does display information you should probably copy and paste it into this forum for the moderator to see.

13 years 1 month ago #156700 by CarDriver
Replied by CarDriver on topic Re: GD 2
My problem is that when I try to upload my image to the profile I get an error 500. Even though my webhost conforms that I have GD and it should be able to handle the large image.

13 years 1 month ago #156744 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: GD 2
Error 500 means there is a more detailed error in your Apache error log.

If you don't know how to access it, ask your hoster.

The 500 error might be a different error than the GD2 one.

GD2 installed doesn't mean it's configured properly to be loaded in your php.ini. Btw GD2 is pretty basic standard on PHP installs at hostings...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 1 month ago #157047 by CarDriver
Replied by CarDriver on topic Re: GD 2
Can you describe exactly how GD2 has to be configured in order to work properly with the CB Component, so that I can show this to my hoster.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #157054 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: GD 2

CarDriver wrote: Can you describe exactly how GD2 has to be configured in order to work properly with the CB Component, so that I can show this to my hoster.

php.net/manual/en/function.gd-info.php

Please create a php file with this code and see if GD is installed and how its configured:
<?php
var_dump(gd_info());
?>

Create gdtest.php file using your text editor and copy / paste above code in it.

Then upload to your public html folder (same place that joomla is installed), then execute it from your browser: yourdomain.com/gdtest.php and see what it says.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.333 seconds