Error

Please login first

Check Users database error

13 years 1 month ago #157790 by Dr Dave
Replied by Dr Dave on topic Re: Check Users database error
Here is the feedback from my host on this situation

Hello,

As far as I can tell this seems to be an issue going on with the upgrade of Community Builder. I checked and there were a mix of a couple different character sets in use. I ran a script we have to set them all to the same collation, utf8_general_ci, but unfortunately this does not seem to have helped. The error message points to two different tables in your database, jos_core_acl_aro and jos_users. I checked these two in particular and verified that they are both only using the utf8_general_ci set. Further, I logged into the database and ran the actual query that the error message refers to, which is:

SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

It returned a single result without generating any kind of error whatsoever:

mysql> SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL;
+
+
| id |
+
+
| 202 |
+
+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I don't expect either the query or the result to mean much to you, but it may be helpful to you in dealing further with the plugin's author. You mentioned that the plugin's author is suggesting that we need to fix a conflict. I have verified that there is no conflict between the two tables in question, but the error message remains. If there is anything more specific that they can suggest we look at we would be happy to do so. Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Best regards,

Peter Weber
Linux Systems Administrator
HostGator.com LLC
support.hostgator.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157838 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Check Users database error
What error do you get now in CB database check ?

Obviously, it can't be same error message as before...

If it's something in red saying that your joomla ACL table is missing an entry for user id 202, then it's correct error message.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 1 month ago #157850 by Dr Dave
Replied by Dr Dave on topic Re: Check Users database error
It was the same error. I have uninstalled CB and all of the mods. I tried to reinstall and it did the same thing. I uninstalled again and tried the 1.3 version and it still did it.

I have no more ideas and you can see what the host is saying.

I am very disappointed. Not sure where to go from here, but I sure don't feel like there is much support from CB. My host spent a good deal of time on this only to determine that the CB is causing the conflict.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn