Check Users database error

13 years 2 months ago #156872 by Dr Dave
Check Users database error was created by Dr Dave
I am using Joomla 1.5.22 and just upgraded from CB 1.2 to 1.4. All went well until I used the tool to check as instructed. When it checks the database I receive the following error and I have no idea how to fix this or where to start looking.

Any help would be great.

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #156876 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Check Users database error
I believe this has been addressed before - please search the forum for relevant threads with answers.

13 years 1 month ago #157689 by Dr Dave
Replied by Dr Dave on topic Re: Check Users database error
I have searched the forum and read and read and read as I did before posting.

A little guidance from someone who knows more than me would be nice

13 years 1 month ago #157713 by nant

Dr Dave wrote: I have searched the forum and read and read and read as I did before posting.

A little guidance from someone who knows more than me would be nice

It wasn't obvious that you searched, since you did not indicate that in your first post.

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

You have 2 tables that contain different collations either at the table level or in one of their fields.

You need to manually find the utf8_unicode_ci instances and change to utf8_general_ci.
A tool such as phpmyadmin can help you do this.

The 2 tables referenced are highlighted in bold in your original quoted post above.

13 years 1 month ago #157744 by Dr Dave
Replied by Dr Dave on topic Re: Check Users database error
Thanks for the update. I have spent over an hour on the line with my host and they identified what you mentioned, changed it and it keeps chaning back. They can't figure out why.

They also can't figure out why this has affected several other joomla sites that I have hosted with them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

13 years 1 month ago #157761 by nant

Dr Dave wrote: Thanks for the update. I have spent over an hour on the line with my host and they identified what you mentioned, changed it and it keeps chaning back. They can't figure out why.

They also can't figure out why this has affected several other joomla sites that I have hosted with them.

Any ideas?

Thanks

weird that is keeps coming back - are you sure that you modified it correctly?

If you did then there is something changing it back and honestly I cannot think of what could be doing this...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn