jQuery.validator error cancel button not working

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #157773 by camshaft007
Not exactly sure where to start with this issue.
I have newest 1.5x joomla and newest CB installed.

Its a new install and a error appears when I enter a users details at the bottom left of IE. Then the cancel button will not work but all other features do.
In firefox it shows no error but the cancel button doesn't work as well. The only way out of the user details is by hitting confirm.

if I click on the error icon at the bottom left i can see this
jQuery.validator is null or not an object

I tried to search the net and CB forum but couldn't find anything related. Can anyone point me in a direction for diagnosis.
thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #159603 by camshaft007
anyone ? have a idea ?

13 years 1 month ago #159615 by nant
test with default joomla template and only CB and post back if you still have issues.

This time give details - sorry lastest joomla and latest cb is not enough.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162693 by pilsje
I am having the same problem. Did you solve it or is it still outstanding?
I have had a look at the code behind... and the structure of submit vs. cancel is different. There is sitting an assignment to name in between. Might this be causing the problem and if so, where can this be changed in the code?

<span class="cb_button_wrapper"><input class="button cbProfileEditSubmit" type="submit" id="cbbtneditsubmit" value="Bijwerken" /></span>
<span class="cb_button_wrapper"><input class="button cbProfileEditCancel" type="button" id="cbbtncancel" name="btncancel" value="Annuleren" /></span>

13 years 2 weeks ago #162752 by camshaft007
thanks for posting pilsje

It was never resolved as nant posted it required me to install CB onto a clean install of joomla. Which wasn't worth it for me.

I wish you luck pilsje and if you ever do resolve the issue please post

thanks
c

pilsje wrote: I am having the same problem. Did you solve it or is it still outstanding?
I have had a look at the code behind... and the structure of submit vs. cancel is different. There is sitting an assignment to name in between. Might this be causing the problem and if so, where can this be changed in the code?

<span class="cb_button_wrapper"><input class="button cbProfileEditSubmit" type="submit" id="cbbtneditsubmit" value="Bijwerken" /></span>
<span class="cb_button_wrapper"><input class="button cbProfileEditCancel" type="button" id="cbbtncancel" name="btncancel" value="Annuleren" /></span>

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn