Can't install com_comprofiler

13 years 1 month ago #158128 by wtpatterson
Can't install com_comprofiler was created by wtpatterson
I am trying to install CB 1.4 on a Joomla 1.6.1 hosted on GoDaddy. I have three other hosting sites where the install has worked correctly. I know this has been found by other people, but the solutions don't seem to work for me and I need to get CB on this web site.

If I try to do the normal install, I get an error message saying there was an error uploading the file. I made sure the php.ini setting allowed 4M file transfers and tried it again, with the same error about an error uploading.

Next, I ftp'd the file to the /tmp folder and and clicked on the Install button. It re-installed another copy of Akeeba backup.

I looked in the PDF file with the distribution, unzipped the com_comprofiler zip into a folder starting with comprofiler. Then I ftp's this to a directory I created (/administrator/components/comp_installer/component and put administrator/components/com_installer/component/comprofiler in the install from directory. When I click on install I get "Please enter a package directory".

I don't know what to try next. I need to get this installed.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #158148 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Can't install com_comprofiler
I have responded 2-3 times to similar questions.

Please check the php information tab from your Joomla backend - do not trust what you see in a php.ini file.

13 years 1 month ago #158170 by wtpatterson
Replied by wtpatterson on topic Re: Can't install com_comprofiler
Thank you for responding.

I can't find a php info tab in Joomla 1.6.1. I looked under system, but don't see it. Where is it?

Thanks!

Bill

13 years 3 weeks ago #160521 by brendant
Replied by brendant on topic Re: Can't install com_comprofiler
I have also had issues with CB 1.4 on Joomla 1.6. Just doesn't want to upload the com_comprofiler zip for starters. Joomla was a clean install so I'm guessing its a setting somewhere in its base configuration. Anyone can help? Brendan

13 years 3 weeks ago #160525 by brendant
Replied by brendant on topic Re: Can't install com_comprofiler
I just installed 1.3.1 without a hitch - scared to upgrade now to 1.4

13 years 3 weeks ago #160534 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Can't install com_comprofiler

wtpatterson wrote: Thank you for responding.

I can't find a php info tab in Joomla 1.6.1. I looked under system, but don't see it. Where is it?

Thanks!

Bill

Well on my Joomla 1.6.1 installation when logged in backend as a Super Admin, I see under Site -> System information menu a PHP Information Tab.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.767 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn