CB Login Not Working

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #159504 by ahuang
CB Login Not Working was created by ahuang
Hello and thanks in advance for helping. I have no prior knowledge of joomla--I just installed it a couple days ago because I wanted a small social network for my club to keep in contact through its different campuses.

I replaced the login module and attempted to register, but never received a confirmation email--I did this multiple times to no avail. This problem also existed prior to using communitybuilder--how do I fix this so people other than the webmaster can use the site?

Also, the register seems a bit redundant, it asks for: Name, Full Name, Middle Name, Last Name, Username. I also want to add new information for registering, like school, chapter, class, etc. How do I edit this? Thanks again!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #159506 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB Login Not Working
welcome to our forums ...

i assume you are using joomla 1.6 (please give details next time) and i assume you are using one of the default joomla templates.

Try different position for cb login module - position-7 i think...

13 years 1 month ago #159507 by ahuang
Replied by ahuang on topic Re: CB Login Not Working
Thank you so much! I'm using Joomla 1.5 and I'm using the Beez2 default template. I realized I was replacing the wrong Login, so it works now. My problem now is that when I register users, they don't receive any confirmation emails so I can't add them. I don't think I changed anything other than what was described.

13 years 4 weeks ago #159524 by ahuang
Replied by ahuang on topic Re: CB Login Not Working
Now every time I try to log on OR out I receive this message:

Session expired or cookies are not enabled in your browser. Please press "reload page" in your browser, and enable cookies in your browser. Please refresh/reload page before filling-in.

it prevents me from logging in or out. I can register new users but the same problem before (no emails) still arises on top of the fact that I can't log in. I enabled cookies on all my browsers but still receive this message. Please help!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn