Confirmation/Follow-up Emails for Registration

13 years 1 month ago #159540 by ahuang
Hello! I am currently using Joomla 1.5, CommunityBuilder, and the default template. I just created my site less than a day ago but I'm having trouble with the emails. For some reason, whenever I attempt to register a user, they never receive any confirmation emails or follow-up emails with their login information. They also never receieve lost password information.

I tried editing the fields of CommunityBuilder and having them independent of the global site setting (I used my own gmail address), but it made no difference. Please help! I need this site to work for the 200+ members of my club across various campuses, but am not able to register anyone. Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162495 by wizzard308
I too am having this problem. Using the latest joomla install, latest CB install.
Prior to installing CB the emails were going out fine but now they have stopped.
I have used the same "from" address in CB as I have in joomla (this often causes the conflict) but now this puzzles me why its doing this.

It seems after a month you would figure someone would have replied to this post
Any ideas?

13 years 2 weeks ago #162503 by nant
FAQ - Help Us Help You ...
Please follow process and post back findings.

First of all post version numbers!

Latest versions does not help me.

If you have email problems, please test Joomla mass email functionality and make sure it works.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162504 by wizzard308
Sorry bout that Nant. I am going to do a bit more testing and toying with it here. It seems its rejecting any addresses that are gmail hosted. This may not necessarily be a CB issue so will test more then post back.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162538 by nant

wizzard308 wrote: Sorry bout that Nant. I am going to do a bit more testing and toying with it here. It seems its rejecting any addresses that are gmail hosted. This may not necessarily be a CB issue so will test more then post back.

Good.

Investigating more on the environment that appears to have issues will help identify the real issue.

Once identified, then things are easier.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn