list filter help

13 years 2 weeks ago #161281 by PretenderMP
list filter help was created by PretenderMP
I'm using 3 lists for my website and am using filters.
Users can select a checkbox for 3 categories and are able to select all of them if needed. Depending on what checkbox they selected, they'll appear in that specific list. The website for my client is about massage, make-up and esthetics. Now during the registration procedure the user can select whether she/he offers massage, make-up and esthetics. All 3 of them are possible as well..

I made a list for massage, make-up and esthetics by using the filter i.e: Offer = Massage. This works well if a user only selected massage during the registration process, but if the user selected massage and make-up for example then this doesn't work anymore. The list shows up empty, because the offer changed from just massage, to massage and make-up. How can I change the filter so that if the user selects multiple options, that this works as well?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #161290 by tinetto

13 years 2 weeks ago #161291 by PretenderMP
Replied by PretenderMP on topic Re: list filter help
alright, but which command would be correct?

`cb_workfocus` LIKE'_UE_ESTHETICS' OR `cb_workfocus` LIKE'MAKE-UP'

this for example will show both those who work in esthetics AND make-up in the same list whereas I only want esthetics to show up in the list despite the fact that a user offers both Make-up and Esthetics

as mentioned before if I put `cb_workfocus` LIKE'_UE_ESTHETICS' it will show those who only chose esthetics, but if they selected more than just esthetics they won't show up.

13 years 2 weeks ago #161292 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: list filter help
use %% around value in LIKE statement.

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #161294 by PretenderMP
Replied by PretenderMP on topic Re: list filter help
sorry it did solve the problem, but I had to leave the OR plus the rest out.
thx!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds