Edit profile

13 years 1 week ago #161823 by MJW
Edit profile was created by MJW
Hello, Does anyone know how I can allow members to edit their whole profile after they have registered please. At present I have only been able to find the options of editing the profile image and forum preferences. I would like existing members to be able to add more info e.g. country, interests etc.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #161826 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Edit profile

MJW wrote: Hello, Does anyone know how I can allow members to edit their whole profile after they have registered please. At present I have only been able to find the options of editing the profile image and forum preferences. I would like existing members to be able to add more info e.g. country, interests etc.

You need to create these fields first (CB Field Manager) and publish them to CB Tabs (CB Tab Manager).

13 years 1 week ago #161827 by MJW
Replied by MJW on topic Re: Edit profile
Thank you very much indeed for your very quick reply. However, I have tried that and I still only get the two tabs available for editing i.e. Profile image and Forum preferences. I have noticed that there is no plugin associated with this new fields in the tab manager and I am wondering if perhaps I needed to associated the fields with a plugin but dont see where to do that. I really appreciate your help.

13 years 1 week ago #161828 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Edit profile

MJW wrote: Thank you very much indeed for your very quick reply. However, I have tried that and I still only get the two tabs available for editing i.e. Profile image and Forum preferences. I have noticed that there is no plugin associated with this new fields in the tab manager and I am wondering if perhaps I needed to associated the fields with a plugin but dont see where to do that. I really appreciate your help.

You have tried what exactly?

You need to create a new tab.
You need to create a new field (example Country text field type) and publish it on the CB Tab you created.

Then you should be able to see this new Tab with the field in it during profile edit.

Don't know what more to tell you - its a simple process.

If you want to see pictures suggest you become Advanced member and read the documentation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MJW

13 years 1 week ago #161830 by MJW
Replied by MJW on topic Re: Edit profile
Thank you Nant. I'm so sorry to have been so dim. I had made "Additional Information" only available to Super Admin. All those things I wanted were already there, and, as you said, actually it is simple when you get it right. Thank you very much indeed for your prompt help and lots of patience! Best wishes

13 years 1 week ago #161831 by nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds