13 years 1 week ago #161865 by MJW
New member was created by MJW
Our first member since I installed CB has a red X in the "Confirmed" box by her name and a red clock in the approved box.

I have set the Require Admin Approval to No
and Require Email Confirmation to Yes

The Joomla site User manager shows that she has activated her registration by email and I cannot see how I can manually confirm her membership.

I really am very, very sorry to bother you again, but I would very much appreciate your light on what I have done wrong here, please.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #161866 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: New member

MJW wrote: Our first member since I installed CB has a red X in the "Confirmed" box by her name and a red clock in the approved box.

I have set the Require Admin Approval to No
and Require Email Confirmation to Yes

This means that the user never confirmed their email by clicking on the confirm link sent to user just after registration. Perhaps email was lost in spam box.

The Joomla site User manager shows that she has activated her registration by email and I cannot see how I can manually confirm her membership.

I really am very, very sorry to bother you again, but I would very much appreciate your light on what I have done wrong here, please.

You should not use Joomla user manager once CB is installed.
You should use CB User Manager instead.

In CB User manager, just click on the user row and modify the confirm email field (in contact info tab) to Yes.

13 years 1 week ago #161867 by MJW
Replied by MJW on topic Re: New member
Many thanks, I really am extremely grateful for how very helpful you are.

But actually there does seem to be a problem here I have attached screen shots because here membership line shows she isnt approved but the edit info shows she has been, but maybe I am looking at the wrong thing.
Attachments:

13 years 1 week ago #161869 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: New member
Please run all CB Tool checks and report back findings.

Also please state version number (this is the first thing people wanting to help need to know).

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #161870 by MJW
Replied by MJW on topic Re: New member
Thank you for taking all this trouble. I have run the checks - everything was green except for this
CB plugin "Country and State Field": no database or no database description

and I copied this from the CB Plugin Manager - Country and State Field Public user countrystatefield

My version is : 1.4 - sorry I did not give you this info before and my Joomla is 1.5.22.

I don't know if the above might solve the problem but I have to confess I "played" with the
email confirmation and approval in the edit of this member and it eventually came up with two green ticks for her. It seemed like something had got stuck (in layman's terms)

Should I disable the Joomla User Manager somehow? Could that be causing a conflict? But although I have looked on the Joomla Org site I cannot see how one can disable the User Manager in Joomla 1.5.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds