4 different registration forms

13 years 2 weeks ago #162520 by who_else
4 different registration forms was created by who_else
Hi there,
am thinking about doing a community site with Joomla; but i am wondering, whether CB would be able to allow the potential user, to choose, which usertype he belongs to, so he will get tailored reg forms.

If you would have a website for programming, you might would offer one usertype "developer", who would enter his contact details, and his rate per hour. The client, on the other hand, would need to fill in different data on registration.

Can this be done with CB? Is this something which has to be done manually?

Best
w_e

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162540 by nant

13 years 2 weeks ago #162553 by who_else
Replied by who_else on topic Re: 4 different registration forms
Ok, several questions:

1. i understand, that we are talking about joomla websites, not domains. So if i have the domains a.com, a.net, a.org, b.com, b.net, b.org and all point to one installation of a.com, this is just one license, right?

2. What if the 501st user registered?

3. SUBs is compatible to Joomla Multisite, as is CB?

4. Does SUBs include a Paypalgateway or something similar or does one have to use VirtueMart?

5. Does SUBs contain a Advanced Membership?

6. What if i decide not to extend support plan? Do i loose the right to use SUBs ? Same for Advanced Membership?
I am collecting this information for my client, because he wants to know, what he is up to, if he decides to go with joomla (and Multisite and CB etc.)
Thanks for your fast reply before...
Best
w_e

13 years 2 weeks ago #162562 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: 4 different registration forms

who_else wrote: Ok, several questions:

Will try to address as best as possible - maybe other members will chime in later if something is not clear.

1. i understand, that we are talking about joomla websites, not domains. So if i have the domains a.com, a.net, a.org, b.com, b.net, b.org and all point to one installation of a.com, this is just one license, right?

I believe so, yes.

2. What if the 501st user registered?

As you are approaching your license limit, you will be getting notification emails and backend messages way before the 501 point. Even at the 500 point your website will continue to work and even have some tolerance for extra users. However at some point your license will lock and you will have issues. But notifications alerts are send way before that point and you can just visit your profile on Joomlapolis and upgrade your license just by paying the difference.

3. SUBs is compatible to Joomla Multisite, as is CB?

I think so, although multisite environment means multi-site CBSubs license I believe.

4. Does SUBs include a Paypalgateway or something similar or does one have to use VirtueMart?

Yes, CBSubs does have a Paypal gateway support (see CBSubs page for all features).

5. Does SUBs contain a Advanced Membership?

No. These are separate items.

6. What if i decide not to extend support plan? Do i loose the right to use SUBs ? Same for Advanced Membership?

The CBSubs license is a lifetime license. This means you can use it forever on your website (withing the license count, site count, limits of course).
If you choose to let your maintenance fee expire, then you will not be able to have your license work with newer versions of CBSubs. It will continue to work forever with all versions that were released during your active maintenance period. If you let your maintenance period expire, then your license is bound to existing CBSubs versions and will not work with new one. Hope this is clear.

I am collecting this information for my client, because he wants to know, what he is up to, if he decides to go with joomla (and Multisite and CB etc.)
Thanks for your fast reply before...
Best
w_e

Hope I addressed everything.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn