Problem to view user list profile.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184567 by dranreb_38
Replied by dranreb_38 on topic Re: Problem to view user list profile.
Hello

I've quite the same problem. Let's me explain

I'm using CB 1.7.1 with Joomla 1.7.1

Users can connect either as 'anonymous' or with their own name. (connecting with their own name gives access to additional pages)

When connecting anonymous, they are of course not authorized to view/change profile.
When connecting with their own name, they have to.
So I set the mandatory menu item (MyProfile) for cblogin with ACL rights limited to named users.

When connected with my own name, I see the MyProfile menu item and can access to my profile. That's OK.

But when I click on my name in a userlist or in the cb-online list I don't see my profile but I'm redirected to the userlist again. When I click on other names in the list I go to their profile.

Strangely for some users having additional ACL rights (which have nothing to do with profile access), it works as expected... Very confusing.

Seems Joomla 1.7 ACLs are improperly handled by CB.
I noticed that Profile tab in CB configuration is not fully compliant with Joomla 1.7 ACLs philosophy as there is a line authorizing access to one group, and not to an access level. Maybe the issue is somewhere here, (even if changing this authorized group has no effect...)

Please help.
Thanks a lot
Bernard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184593 by dranreb_38
Replied by dranreb_38 on topic Re: Problem to view user list profile.
I reply to myself as I'm trying a "brute" workaround that seems to work:

I commented out the three lines below in file plugin.foundation.php / function userProfileUrl, as these lines remove userid in href link for the connected user...

if ( $userId && ( $userId == $this->myId() ) ) {
$userId = null;
}

Of course it doesn't explain ACL behavior, and I'm not sure it doesn't break something somewhere else, but at least it solves my issue... If anyone can confirm or comment...

If it helps...
Bernard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn