Problem to view user list profile.

13 years 2 months ago #155540 by jaybee95
Problem to view user list profile. was created by jaybee95
When i am signed in to the front end and is trying to view my profile in community builder, the url of my profile is not configured to my field on the userlist. When i click to view my profile i just get redirected to the user list. This is common for all my users, but a user can still view others profiles...

Sorry for my bad english....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155545 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Problem to view user list profile.

jaybee95 wrote: When i am signed in to the front end and is trying to view my profile in community builder, the url of my profile is not configured to my field on the userlist. When i click to view my profile i just get redirected to the user list. This is common for all my users, but a user can still view others profiles...

Sorry for my bad english....

Sorry, I cannot confirm this as a potential bug.

Also, you have given no information about your environment.

No version numbers at all for CB.
No version numbers at all for Joomla - or even if you are using Joomla at all.

Please read the installation guide on CB 1.4 and follow instructions completely.

Then if you still have issues post back with details.

12 years 11 months ago #164536 by cr34t0r
Replied by cr34t0r on topic Re: Problem to view user list profile.
I have same issue. When I log in with any user from front end. I am not able to view "users own profile" but I can view any other profile.

cb version 1.4
joomla version 1.6.1

12 years 11 months ago #164537 by nant

cr34t0r wrote: I have same issue. When I log in with any user from front end. I am not able to view "users own profile" but I can view any other profile.

cb version 1.4
joomla version 1.6.1

Upgrade to Joomla 1.6.3 (or go back to Joomla 1.5.23).

Read CB 1.4 installation guide.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #164541 by cr34t0r
Replied by cr34t0r on topic Re: Problem to view user list profile.
Ok So the answer to this problem is following:

YOu must install a menu item (anywhere) with menu type: user profile (mandatory)

after you do it this is going to be the link to their own account for any user. (after user log in)

thanks.

the manual could be more clear on why this is needed. when you recommend to read the manual I dont know what to look for. and reading the manual for the sake of reading the manual is waste of time :) I am a male after all. ;-)

12 years 11 months ago #164552 by nant

cr34t0r wrote: Ok So the answer to this problem is following:

YOu must install a menu item (anywhere) with menu type: user profile (mandatory)

after you do it this is going to be the link to their own account for any user. (after user log in)

thanks.

the manual could be more clear on why this is needed. when you recommend to read the manual I dont know what to look for. and reading the manual for the sake of reading the manual is waste of time :) I am a male after all. ;-)

Yes the manual states in big bold red letters that this mandatory Joomla menu item must be created and published for PUBLIC use.

This is a Joomla prerequisite - this is how Joomla works.
Without it, Joomla does not produce an item id.

We have also a big red notice in CB Tools backend when such a menu item is missing.

I have also personally answered hundreds of posts about this - sometimes I just answer "read the manual". I know its not very friendly - sorry.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.882 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn