New Passwords being sent to moderators as well

12 years 6 months ago #178045 by sdf
We are using CB 1.7. and Joomla 1.5.21. Unfortunately moderators receive also copies of the new-password-mails the system sends to users when they forgot their passwords and ask for new ones. Because this doesn't make any sense, I conclude that this must be a bug of the new CB version. Am I right?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #178051 by nant

sdf wrote: We are using CB 1.7. and Joomla 1.5.21. Unfortunately moderators receive also copies of the new-password-mails the system sends to users when they forgot their passwords and ask for new ones. Because this doesn't make any sense, I conclude that this must be a bug of the new CB version. Am I right?

I cannot replicate this behavior. Works fine here.

Can you perhaps paste such an email received by a moderator?

12 years 6 months ago #178065 by sdf
Here is an example email (in German):

Subject: AG Objektive Hermeneutik e.V. - New password for: XYZ

Ihre Emailadresse wurde zum Benutzer Account XYZ registriert.
Auf der Webseite www.agoh.de/cms wurde soeben für Sie ein neues Passwort angefordert.

Ihr neues Passwort ist: PASSWORD

Wenn Sie kein neues Passwort angefordert haben, keine Sorge! Nur Sie erhalten diese Nachricht.Bitte loggen Sie sich in jedem Fall mit diesem automatisch erstellen Passwort ein und ändern Sie es.

ANMERKUNG: Das ist eine automatisch generierte Nachricht von AG Objektive Hermeneutik e.V. (www.agoh.de/cms).

The site login is run with SSL.

12 years 6 months ago #178066 by sdf
Let me add some words. What happens when moderators are not allowed to activate an new accout and don't get email notifications? Do administrators get in this case notifications about new registrations? Perhaps, a solution could be for us to deactivate moderator notifications. But we still need notifications for administrators!

12 years 6 months ago #178092 by nant
You or someone else have modified the default language strings or added a [PASSWORD] field in the German language file you have.

CB 1.7 is doing exactly as it is instructed.

If you have modified the moderation notification language string to show the password, then it will be shown/sent.

Default CB 1.7 language strings do not do this.

12 years 6 months ago #178095 by sdf
Your answer implies that in principal notification mails to moderators are correct in case of a temporary new password request of a user. And you explicitly say, that it shouldn't show the password of the user in the notification mail for moderators. Right? I still have to check the german language file. We didn't modified it consiciously to show newly generated passwords in moderator notification mails, but we tried to save older modifications of former CB versions.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.504 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn