Date Field

12 years 6 months ago #179221 by busterocaps
Replied by busterocaps on topic Re: Date Field
Oh well, I guess if one calender works it doesn't really matter. I don't know what could cause the issue, as CB is the only thing that works with the date fields. I don't know if it has something to do with the the CB template being used or what, but for whatever reason that field won't save a value using the dropdown + popup calender. Thanks for taking the time to respond, I guess we can chalk this one up to 'mysterious' and move along. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #179223 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Date Field

busterocaps wrote: Oh well, I guess if one calender works it doesn't really matter. I don't know what could cause the issue, as CB is the only thing that works with the date fields. I don't know if it has something to do with the the CB template being used or what, but for whatever reason that field won't save a value using the dropdown + popup calender. Thanks for taking the time to respond, I guess we can chalk this one up to 'mysterious' and move along. :)

Calendar popup is javascript based and if you have other broken javascript on your website it will cause issues.

That's why I asked you to test with clean installations.

The only mystery is what else you have on your website that has broken javascript that will cause you issues in the future.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182260 by Dotcombo
Replied by Dotcombo on topic Re: Date Field
Hi

I recently suffered problems with date field format. On inspection of the head I noticed that the page was linked to jquery twice, once automatically via CB and once because of a function I had added previously elsewhere on the site.

My problem was because I had added the original call manually to my template so I removed my original entry in the head and added the following code in order to get my jquery to only be called on the front page where it is needed:

<?php
$homepage = "/";
$currentpage = $_SERVER;
if($homepage==$currentpage) {
echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="MYSITE.co.uk/Scripts/jquery-1.6.1.min.js">';
}
?>

And problem solved.

Of course a duplicate call may be due to another plugin or module.

Hope this helps

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds