cb_folderaccess - Contains all my users passwords?

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #181777 by calumw098
Hi there,

I've been working on a website that uses Community Builder and within the MySQL database, in jos_comprofiler, there's a field called "cb_folderaccess" that contains the users unecrypted password for each entry.

Why is this? Is this intended? Is there a way to disable/encrypt this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #181782 by nant

calumw098 wrote: Hi there,

I've been working on a website that uses Community Builder and within the MySQL database, in jos_comprofiler, there's a field called "cb_folderaccess" that contains the users unecrypted password for each entry.

Why is this? Is this intended? Is there a way to disable/encrypt this?

This column is not added by CB - something else has added this.
What else do you have installed.

Not a CB bug.

Perhaps you have CBSubs also installed?

12 years 6 months ago #181784 by calumw098
Yes, CBSubs is also installed, do you think this is the likely cause?

12 years 5 months ago #181957 by beat
If you are on WIndows localhost and are using the CBSubs Protected folders integrations plugin, as Windows does not support crypted passwords for folders protections in [it]ht[/i]access users files, and CBSubs must be able to add and remove users from the files without requesting a CB/Joomla login, it unfortunately must store them on Windows.

On a real Linux webserver, passwords are crypted and also stored crypted, so there are no such issues like on Windows.

This is a well-known shortcoming of Windows webserver-folders-protections. Storing the passwords on Windows in a 2-way crypting function would only add a feeling of safety without giving a real one.

If you don't use folder-protections, you don't need to install that plugin and can uninstall it.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn