#2967 CB 1.7.1: Forgot username send new password

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181929 by chrisjclay
I tried that, but when I changed the language string for "username" to "Username or email" (so it would display correctly in the module) then the new text also showed up everywhere else on the site (for example, in a user's profile)

To get around this for now, I hacked modules/mod_cblogin/mod_cblogin.php by changing _UE_USERNAME to _UE_USERNAME_OR_EMAIL in line 624:
default:
$userNameText	=	_UE_USERNAME_OR_EMAIL;
break;

Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #181936 by chrisjclay

nant wrote: confirmed!

Thank you for clear instructions to reproduce.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/2967

Quick question, since my client is the one who pointed this out to me - any idea when a fix of some sort will be available? Should I be checking that "forge" tracker, or will this have to wait until CB 1.7.2 is eventually released?

Cheers,
Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/

12 years 5 months ago #181947 by nant
Added note to ticket about language string issue so its not forgotten.

You can subscribe to forge ticket and be notified when a patch is submitted - you are welcome to investigate and propose patch here also - would help speed things up.

12 years 5 months ago #181952 by chrisjclay

nant wrote: Added note to ticket about language string issue so its not forgotten.

nant wrote: You can subscribe to forge ticket and be notified when a patch is submitted - you are welcome to investigate and propose patch here also - would help speed things up.

My PHP/MySQL programming skills are pretty limited, but if I can find a solution I'll be glad to help... I'll also try subscribing to forge ticket.

Cheers,
Chris

Clay & Co.
www.clayco.ca/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.947 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn