Error

Please login first

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in

12 years 3 months ago #189546 by joomlafreek
Hello,

Sorry if I misposted this in another forum topic. My mistake.....but in just editing nothing but the welcome text under config (it's been working for months, but we are getting a lot of use requests from people we dont know so needed to change some pre-text to let folks know if they do not play they cannot get an account on our site), as well as the Pre Registration box of text, and using nothing BUT plain text, or <B>, H1, CENTER tags and <BR>s = and this???

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php on line 32

And now our entire site is down???? This is really frustrating CB.

I will have no choice but to remove CB from our site if you all can't advise me as to what is causing this very soon. Removal is going to really hose our site up but good because we have so much integration with Kunena, and Geommunity and other add ons.

Frustrating is an understatement CB. And this is not the first time I've run into this, but it has been well over a year since the last occurrence and I can't for the life of me recall what I did to fix it either. Please help ..... SOON!!!

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #189551 by nant

joomlafreek wrote: Hello,

Sorry if I misposted this in another forum topic. My mistake.....but in just editing nothing but the welcome text under config (it's been working for months, but we are getting a lot of use requests from people we dont know so needed to change some pre-text to let folks know if they do not play they cannot get an account on our site), as well as the Pre Registration box of text, and using nothing BUT plain text, or <B>, H1, CENTER tags and <BR>s = and this???

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php on line 32

And now our entire site is down???? This is really frustrating CB.

I will have no choice but to remove CB from our site if you all can't advise me as to what is causing this very soon. Removal is going to really hose our site up but good because we have so much integration with Kunena, and Geommunity and other add ons.

Frustrating is an understatement CB. And this is not the first time I've run into this, but it has been well over a year since the last occurrence and I can't for the life of me recall what I did to fix it either. Please help ..... SOON!!!

Thank you.

What's frustrating to me is that I do not know:

what joomla version?
what cb version?

If things were working before then why should you be blaming CB?

(my frustration is over)

If you can help us reproduce this behavior on a clean install of latest Joomla (1.7.4) latest CB (1.7.1) then we will of course investigate.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #189564 by joomlafreek
Nant,

Thanks for the reply.
Like I said, everything was fine until I added text to the Pre Registration box under CB config. Then these parse errors started, and I cant even access any CB screens now on the backend!!! I tried to also update CB from 1.7 to 1.7.1 and still get these errors!! I'm freekin out here.

The site is www.thefreelanceclan.com and if I could GET TO the Configuration page and copy paste the Welcome and Pre Registration text boxes, I would....but I can't!

That is ALL I did today, and like I said, about a year ago I had the same issue and I THOUGHT it seemed at that time like maybe I had too much text in the box, and/or too many hard returns, etc.

I tried it both ways - format it as you see it, versus using very simple HTML syntax with center, breaks, bold and italics......and that's it.

My Joomla is the 1.7.3 and I just updated it to 1.7.4 - no change.
The only part of our site I can access is the backend, and anything that does not have to do with CB.

As for blaming CB....of course it is CB. CB is all that was changed + the error produced on front AND backend is a CB error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/ue_config.php on line 32 The ue_config.php is a CB profile, and whatever is causing this definitely corresponds with the tiny little edits I made.

All I added to the PRE.... box was text to the effect of "This site is for our members and players on our servers only. During registration, please insure your username matches or contains your in-game player name or your account request will be denied." kind of thing. I used some <b> </b> and <center> </center> and so on tags. Before I lost the ability to just hit BACK on my browser, I even attempted to remove all the tags, and just have plain text....but the error did not resolve. Now I can't get to it at all.

I remember now!! I had to literally go in the backdoor, into MySQL and the CB tables, and clear everything out to get back in. My take on this? Those text boxes for Welcome / Pre Reg / and so on under Configuration - are not accepting of any text, hard returns, tags - or (some) combo(s) of the above - I am unsure which.

Thanks!

12 years 3 months ago #189565 by joomlafreek
Would you like me to PM you (or email) you some creds so you can come have a looksee for yourself? I certainly trust you! :)

Thanks again.

Joomlajay

12 years 3 months ago #189573 by joomlafreek
I think it is hard returns in the text box for "Introduction text for registration" that took out your product. Test it out. As soon as I replaced the text in the ue_config.php to read straight through, the issue resolved. :blink:

It simply did NOT like html tags, nor having hard returns in the box. Please fix that if you confirm it, because it really limits our ability to give it any special look-n-feel.

Thanks in advance!

Joomlajay

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn