dropdown search not showing results in frontend

12 years 1 month ago #193471 by jross
Hi, I'm using CB1.7.1 on a Joomla1.7.2 website. I have created a number of fields in the members profiles that have dropdown selection boxes. For example 'Region'.

My problem is doing a Member search in the frontend. If I search for say, Member123 who is setup in Region One, there is no problem getting a search result. I'll get a result of "1 User(s)"

If I setup Member123 in Region One and Region Two in their profile and then do a search for them in frontend, then I don't get a search result. It will show "0 User(s)"

Is this a bug in the component that doesn't allow a search on multiple selections in a dropdown when setting up a users profile?

Thanks in anticipation.

JR

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #193761 by scottross1957
Replied by scottross1957 on topic Re: dropdown search not showing results in frontend
I have the same problem. The CB List search (e.g. psppr.com/index.php/find-a-therapist2) does not show results when the CB profile has multiple values for a search field. For example, there are members with a custom field "Practice Type" that have both "Private" and "Clinical/Counseling". If I search for either item individually, I get no results. I do get results if I multi-click both entries.

I am on CB 1.8 and Joomla 2.5.2.

12 years 1 month ago #195964 by jross
Is there anyone in the community that might be able to shed some light on this problem?

JR

12 years 1 month ago #195981 by nant
@both:

Make sure you are using CB 1.8.

Make sure you have search mode set to advanced mode in your user list.

@scottross1957: If you have additional issues please post in Advanced Support forum area.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn