Save/Cancel buttons do not work in backend

12 years 1 week ago #197863 by roy.eschner
Save/Cancel buttons do not work in backend was created by roy.eschner
HI there,

We've recently upgraded to the latest Community Builder v. 1.8 and are having issues with the Save/Cancel buttons when trying to edit a user in the backend. Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
V.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 days ago #198465 by roy.eschner
Replied by roy.eschner on topic Re: Save/Cancel buttons do not work in backend
A Friendly bump out here......sound pretty quiet out there. Has anyone had a similar issue, could this be a javascript issue?

12 years 6 days ago #198480 by nant

roy.eschner wrote: A Friendly bump out here......sound pretty quiet out there. Has anyone had a similar issue, could this be a javascript issue?

Yes its most likely a javascript error on your page that is most likely caused by something else you have installed and not CB.

You can simply test CB 1.8 on a clean Joomla 2.5.4 installation to verify that this is not a potential CB bug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roy.eschner

12 years 3 days ago #198924 by robjohnson
Replied by robjohnson on topic Re: Save/Cancel buttons do not work in backend
this happened to me this morning, found the issue in another forum post

there is a conflict with the rokpad text editor, go to your plugin manager and disable Editor - RokPad

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #200267 by trister
I've been reading the forums on this issue and seems everything is pointing to Rokpad. Although the base/clean installation of 1.5 uses Tiny MCE (not sure if this is the same or not). I've disabled this and everything works fine. Now I'm without a WYSIWYG Editor.

I've read somewhere a developer (not sure if it was CB) was not going to make any Joomla's Editors complatible because it changes too much too frequently. I can understand this but, for something like Joomla 1.5, should it already have been compatible?

The question is, for those who want a WYSIWYG editor, what do you recommend to use, if any?

11 years 11 months ago #200283 by nant

trister wrote: I've been reading the forums on this issue and seems everything is pointing to Rokpad. Although the base/clean installation of 1.5 uses Tiny MCE (not sure if this is the same or not). I've disabled this and everything works fine. Now I'm without a WYSIWYG Editor.

I've read somewhere a developer (not sure if it was CB) was not going to make any Joomla's Editors complatible because it changes too much too frequently. I can understand this but, for something like Joomla 1.5, should it already have been compatible?

The question is, for those who want a WYSIWYG editor, what do you recommend to use, if any?

Please provide exact steps to replicate on a clean Joomla site (give versions) and a clean CB 1.8 (without anything else installed).

If we can replicate the issue like this, then it is something that we can fix - otherwise its an issue with your specific installation and most likely due to something else you installed that is causing problems.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.276 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn