Upgrade Joomla 3.2 and CB 1.9.1 - menu item in backend is gone?

10 years 5 months ago #236848 by sidio
Thanks for getting back to us nant.

If you can't recreate the bug, would you like access to my admin panel and cpanel to see for yourself?

I've spent hours and hours (days) setting up cb on a site that is due to go live next week. I am very reluctant to start deleting tables and reinstalling cb without a detailed walk through i.e. exactly which table/s to delete and exactly which reinstall package to use. Failing that, I would rather have a refund from you guys and look for another community solution elsewhere.

Maybe if you could fix this bug on my site, we can provide a proper, walk through solution for others similarly stuck?

Please bare in mind that all we have done is use your auto update on a stable Joomla package. This is not our fault!

Help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #236853 by nant

sidio wrote: Thanks for getting back to us nant.

If you can't recreate the bug, would you like access to my admin panel and cpanel to see for yourself?

I've spent hours and hours (days) setting up cb on a site that is due to go live next week. I am very reluctant to start deleting tables and reinstalling cb without a detailed walk through i.e. exactly which table/s to delete and exactly which reinstall package to use. Failing that, I would rather have a refund from you guys and look for another community solution elsewhere.

Maybe if you could fix this bug on my site, we can provide a proper, walk through solution for others similarly stuck?

Please bare in mind that all we have done is use your auto update on a stable Joomla package. This is not our fault!

Help?

PM me superadmin access and database access and I will take a look.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sidio

10 years 5 months ago #236859 by Vorak
I also hope that a better solution will be available, as I'm not keen on meddling with MySQL tables either.

I have an exact copy of my Joomla website installed on a private area of my server, which is where I upgraded CB and Joomla first before doing it on the live site. On both the sandbox and the live site, the result is exactly the same: the menu item disappears immediately after upgrading CB to version 1.9.1.

Fortunately, the admin module that shows all the needed CB links is still in perfect working order, so I can help myself with that. It allows me to wait for a better solution to come up than meddling with MySQL, although I would like to see an actual solution at some point. Even if it means a solution such as the problem resolving itself by upgrading to another future new version.

10 years 5 months ago #236867 by nant

Vorak wrote: I also hope that a better solution will be available, as I'm not keen on meddling with MySQL tables either.

I have an exact copy of my Joomla website installed on a private area of my server, which is where I upgraded CB and Joomla first before doing it on the live site. On both the sandbox and the live site, the result is exactly the same: the menu item disappears immediately after upgrading CB to version 1.9.1.

Fortunately, the admin module that shows all the needed CB links is still in perfect working order, so I can help myself with that. It allows me to wait for a better solution to come up than meddling with MySQL, although I would like to see an actual solution at some point. Even if it means a solution such as the problem resolving itself by upgrading to another future new version.

What version of Joomla?
How did you upgrade CB?

10 years 5 months ago #236869 by Vorak
I am now on the latest Joomla 2.5. I used the automatic upgrader of Joomla to upgrade CB. First I upgraded CB, then I upgraded Joomla (but the menu item had already disappeared before upgrading Joomla).

10 years 5 months ago #236892 by sidio

nant wrote:

sidio wrote: Thanks for getting back to us nant.

Help?

PM me superadmin access and database access and I will take a look.

You have mail.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn