Allow only some group to send email

12 years 10 months ago #168649 by Kampp
Replied by Kampp on topic Re:Allow only some group to send email

dotcom22 wrote: Now I see this plugin is not part of your stuff. Is also very old and seem to not be anymore developed/supported/updated.. I know is difficult to know but do you think this stuff is reliable and can be used with future version of CB ? I tested with last version 1.3.1 and all seem to be ok...

Any advice ?

I am the developer of "Public Mail". Development has just been started again. The next version 1.3 holds many improvements and new features. It will be Joomla 1.6 compatable.

Creator of the CB plugins: "User IP log" and "Public Mail"
Joomla! services/coding: www.toolmaster.dk
Joomla! services/coding: joomla-konsulent.dk
Danish Joomla! hosting: www.joomla-hosting.dk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168666 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re:Allow only some group to send email

I am the developer of "Public Mail". Development has just been started again. The next version 1.3 holds many improvements and new features. It will be Joomla 1.6 compatable.

Cool great to know...:woohoo:

Can you list the news feature you plan to add??

Do you know the excellent Metamod module ? This module permit to show/hide others module based on some custom rules by using "Php recipe" and the possibility are endless. For example I use this stuff with the Jreview Featured Listing Recipe for display a specific module only if the Metamod module is present inside a non-featured Jreview Listing.

Personally my main goal with your plugin would be to display the contact form only for specific users group (but like mentioned is not possible) but the best would be to display it conditionally when some conditions are meet.

For example I would like display your Public Email plugin to a user only if is a Jreview Listing Owner (of course user must be logged-in).

This require to allow us to include php code inside your plugin... I don't know if this is possible to implement in your plugin but if you test Metamod you will see how it work..

thank

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 10 months ago #168667 by Kampp
Some of the new features will be:
  • New design of the configuration.
  • 6 new languages added.
  • A third extra optional text field.
  • Users are able to choose if they want to use the feature or not (and include a short message). This would in therory also make it possible for admins to choose on a userlevel who can use it.
  • BCC reciever for all messages so that eg. an admin can recieve emails. This way the Log is not as needed.
  • Compatability with new version of Joomla and CB.
  • Fixed error for some people with \r\n shown instead of pagebreaks.

I know what you mean about Metamod, but this will not be added to the next version. There is not enough time for such a big expandment.

In regards to you problem - I know some have solved it by only showing the area where the plugin is shown to a specific usergroup! Sounds to me lige you can do the same.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168668 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re:Allow only some group to send email
great news features :woohoo:

Yes you right is possible to show the Tab only for Author for example and this was one of my goal. The problem for me is I have to distinguish 2 kind of users:

- Author who own a Jreview featured listing = I show the Public Email plugin Tab
- Author who own nothing or own a non-featured Jreview listing = I hide the Public Email plugin Tab

This was the reason I asked you about Metamod...

Of course I understand implement this kind of feature is hard job..however if you plan to do so in near future it will be totally amazing..

cheers

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

12 years 10 months ago #169034 by Kampp
The final improvements in version 1.3 of Public Mail are:
  • Optimized the plugin parameters/configuration.
  • Fixed \r\n breaks error in email messages for some servers.
  • Added feature of restricting/limit Public Mail to certain users (crude style).
  • Added BCC feature so admins can receive a copy of all send messages.
  • Added feature of subject prefix for receivers.
  • Added feature of subject prefix for BBC emails.
  • Added a third optional extra field (this means an added column in the database).
  • Added comments to the database log columns for better understanding.
  • Added Swedish language (thanks Panaman).
  • Added German language (thanks Yves Hoppe).
  • Added Spanish language (thanks Julio Quattropani).
  • Added Italian language (thanks Federico Leva).
  • Added Frensh language (thanks MDB Cohen).
  • Added Brazilian Portuguese language (thanks Eduardo H. Sabbi).

Sadly there was not time to create a better solution than this, but now it is possible to manage users without hacks at least.

It will be available for download within a day or two.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn