Allow only some group to send email

13 years 5 months ago #148457 by dotcom22
Allow only some group to send email was created by dotcom22
hello

I would like allow only some users group like Author and Editor to send email to other user using the default "Send Email" feature but it seem is not possible... I looked in all settings and also in Tab and Plugin but nothing seem to be available except to set Public, Registered or Special...

Do you confirm ???

If yes have you a workaround permitting to do this ??

Many thank

Note: I was until few days ago a Doc Subscriber but my plan is not terminated..anyway I will reactivate my subscription soon..

I use Joomla 3.3.6 - CB 2.0.4 - CBSubs 4 - Several Incubator plugins

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 5 months ago #148514 by MarkZ
Replied by MarkZ on topic Re:Allow only some group to send email
Hi Dotcom,

I haven't tried it yet in 1.3.1 but in the earlier versions you could set a filter first in user manager.
At the top you can select a group through the dropdown box.
When you now click on Mass mail button, your mail will be only send to the selected users.

Good luck!

With kind regards,
Mark

Post edited by: MarkZ, at: 2010/12/13 12:00
Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #148515 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re:Allow only some group to send email
hello Mark

Many thank for your reply...

In fact I did not well explained sorry... My question is not related to Mass Email but to Send Email feature available from any profile.

Please take a look to attachment...

It seem using default Send Email feature is not possible to filter... It seem also using Uddim (Private Message) is not possible too...

Any suggestions??

many thank

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #148594 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Allow only some group to send email
You're wanting to limit the Send Email feature to only authors? To my knowledge you can't as there is no ACL permissions for it. You could set the Email field to not show on profile. Then use a delimiter field on a tab with Author permissions to render the email field to limit the display of the Email field, but this still doesn't protect direct access to the email form page nor does it affect the menu link.

As for UddeIM you need to configure the Private Message System plugin in plugin management and set the PMS to "UddeIM 1.0". Please also ensure the plugin is published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #148612 by dotcom22
Replied by dotcom22 on topic Re:Allow only some group to send email
thank for your detailed answer..

In fact I try to find a simple method and possibly without use a specific component (like UddeIM), making a hack or apply a not reliable method...

Maybe I found a solution... I tested right now the plugin "Public Email" available here:

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_mtree/task,viewlink/link_id,32/Itemid,55/

If I set the Tab of this plugin to Author the form is displayed only to Author and this I what I need...great :-)

Now I see this plugin is not part of your stuff. Is also very old and seem to not be anymore developed/supported/updated.. I know is difficult to know but do you think this stuff is reliable and can be used with future version of CB ? I tested with last version 1.3.1 and all seem to be ok...

Any advice ?

13 years 5 months ago #148647 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Allow only some group to send email

I know is difficult to know but do you think this stuff is reliable and can be used with future version of CB ? I tested with last version 1.3.1 and all seem to be ok...

No idea, seeing as we didn't develop it I can't offer any sort of guarantee or "future-proof". If it works then go for it. If in a later release it breaks, you could edit its source to resolve whatever the issue may be.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn