Searchable profiles - Is this possible?

13 years 2 months ago #152408 by ThomasGram
Searchable profiles - Is this possible? was created by ThomasGram
Greetings!

As a complete newbie to this favoured extension, i am having a few questions, before i start digging into and deploying this to my webpage.

Now, what i want to do is:
  • Create a directory for my local sportclub.
  • Have an XML file where all the phone numbers are displayed in, which would then be called when viewing a category.

On top of this, i would like users to register to a profile - where they then would recieve the option of giving themself a "description" so to say.
These profiles should then somehow be searchable in Joomla, so a visitor could search for specific people - viewing their profile.

This should of course be within the mainframes of Joomla, so that the user would only be able to edit his own profile. But that's possible with the new 1.6 i suppose.

Is this possible with community builder?
Or am i shooting darts after an 'easy' solution for all of this?

Thanks for you're time reading this, really appreciate it. :)

Best regards,
Thomas Egebrand Gram.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #152542 by heyai
Welcome to the CB forums.

Generally speaking, a user directory you're speaking of should be no problem with CB. You can create a variety of profile questions/field your users can edit. The user search is configurable to search for as many or as few user details as you like.
I'm not sure however, what you intend to do with your phone number XML file.

Apart from that, CB is not ready for Joomla 1.6. The CB team, as well as most other joomla plugin developers, are working hard on getting a Joomla 1.6 version ready. Meanwhile you could install a Joomla 1.5 environment and check out all the possibilities CB provides.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThomasGram

13 years 2 months ago #152616 by ThomasGram
Replied by ThomasGram on topic Re: Searchable profiles - Is this possible?
Thank you! :)

I'll defo try it out sometime soon, but as the admin rights system is needed for my project, it'll have to be the big "tryout" with 1.6.

Is there anywhere i could stay updated on the release of CB for 1.6?

13 years 2 months ago #152617 by nant

ThomasGram wrote: Is there anywhere i could stay updated on the release of CB for 1.6?

See the News, f, t, rss icons on top right corner.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn