Which CB ext Lets Upload Files to Users Accounts?

13 years 2 months ago #153393 by LDublin
This is the first time ever I am doing this, I have downloaded and installed and configured CB, and created my first test user - works fine.

But my purpose is to be able to upload most recent styling files to users' relevant accounts - what is the best way to do this?:blush:

I do need an extra extension, don't I? Do I need the Gallery, and if I get it will it do what I'm looking for? :unsure:

Any help greatly appreciated!
Many thanks in advance!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153420 by nant
Two options:

CB File Field plugin (combined or not with CB Privacy). This allows you to create as many file fields as you want and you can also use CB Privacy to make this field only for end user view.

Or you can use CB Gallery also - a moderator can upload a field and not publish it - this way only profile owner and other moderators can see.

All these plugins are available to Advanced/Professional Members.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDublin

13 years 2 months ago #153497 by LDublin
Many thanks!

Which is it that will give me what I need - the Professional one or the Advanced one?

13 years 2 months ago #153498 by nant

LDublin wrote: Many thanks!

Which is it that will give me what I need - the Professional one or the Advanced one?

Advanced membership give you access to both.

Professional also gives you access to all Incubator projects.

13 years 2 months ago #153501 by LDublin
Thanks again! One more question: if I need support in configuring the extension to get it to do what I need, will I get it here?

13 years 2 months ago #153502 by nant

LDublin wrote: Thanks again! One more question: if I need support in configuring the extension to get it to do what I need, will I get it here?

Advanced/Professional members also get access to detailed CB Documentation - which should really help you.

If you have specific questions you can post to the forums for assistance - Advanced/Professional members can post in the relevant support forums to get better response times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LDublin

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn