User manager offering only 'public' group

13 years 1 month ago #156582 by jrgtrading
User manager offering only 'public' group was created by jrgtrading
Greetings, all:
Specs...
Joomla 1.6.0; PHP 5.2.17; linux/apache on GoDaddy; CB 1.4; Joomla and CB both very recent clean installs with only Kunena as a noteworthy additional extension added thus far.

The User Manager menu is showing all users as merely 'public' including super users and users who were defined as joomla managers, etc. No custom user groups have been created. While logged-in in the joomla back end as the super-user, any attempt to edit any user in CB User Manager (including myself) results in the "You cannot edit a `public`. Only higher-level users have this power." message.

Also, CB User -> New -> Contact Info -> Group: only shows 'public' as an option if that helps. I looked at some of the other topics with that message, but this differs from the very recent topic titled with that error message in that in our issue no user has ever been able to edit any other user in our installation rather than just certain groups.

All the 'Tools' result in green across the board, I have reinstalled CB from a fresh download overtop the first install, and tried as many of the "H.U.H.Y." suggestions as possible.

So I place my plea and my offering of oreos and mountain dew at the feet of the IT gods for assistance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156599 by jrgtrading
Replied by jrgtrading on topic Re: User manager offering only 'public' group
Update: Apparently solved.

Stumbled across a screen shot of J!1.6 user group hierarchy while reading about the new ACL update in 1.6. It did not match the GoDaddy auto-install's 1.6 group hierarchy. (The "real" group hierarchy in the article had super users in the same tree as Managers and Admins. The GoDaddy auto-install J!1.6 had super users in a separate branch equal to -Manager and -Registered.)

I simply moved -Super Users to under --Administrator in Joomla's Users -> User Groups and suddenly all was right in the world over on CB's side of the world. Shrug.

Never underestimate the power of oreos and mountain dew.
The following user(s) said Thank You: beat

12 years 11 months ago #164205 by hrozema
Replied by hrozema on topic Re: User manager offering only 'public' group
I seem to have the same problem. Users that are being logged in get the message:

This user has not yet confirmed his email address and account!
This user has not yet been approved by a moderator!

In the Joomla user manager my users are assigned to their usergroup, however in CB user manager everyone is assinged to 'Public', and whatever I do I can't change it. Even the joomla 'super user' account is assigned to 'public' in CB user manager. That is quite a problem, now I can't approve users.

What is the logic behind this user groups and how can I adjust the user group to what I want?

12 years 11 months ago #164231 by nant
Upgrade to Joomla 1.6.3 or better yet go back to Joomla 1.5.23

12 years 11 months ago #164332 by hrozema
Replied by hrozema on topic Re: User manager offering only 'public' group
Dear Nant,

Thanks for your suggestion. I have already installed Joomla 1.6.3 and CB 1.4, what can I do more?

12 years 11 months ago #164333 by nant
Don't know - you should be using CB LOgin module for frontend registrations and CB User Manager in backend.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.455 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn