howto?: additional features for paying members

13 years 2 weeks ago #160764 by danieltulp82
Dear all,

I do not know whether this is the correct place for me to post this, so feel free to correct me on that, mods.

I'm a newby in CB land, so please bear with me.

I'm in the process of developing a website for an amateur music projects website.
Basics are that one can create a profile and submit which instruments they play, at what level and what genres they want to perform in.
Then I also need a way to give my users the possibility to create projects with events and submit criteria which people have to meet to be able to sign up. So this is looks for a match between to the parameters about from the profiles in regards to instrument type, play level and genre.

Is this possible with CB (I have the feeling it is) and how (with Group Jive possibly)?

Second thing I want to is to have to sections, one for paying and one for non paying users.
I want to give additional features to the paying users:
- create projects and events
- show google maps map with users with same interests

Is this possible? I assume I would need CBSubs, but does it have sufficient access control possibilities to create what I want in combination with the ACL of J1.6?

Thanks for your input!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #160767 by nant

danieltulp82 wrote: Dear all,

I do not know whether this is the correct place for me to post this, so feel free to correct me on that, mods.

I'm a newby in CB land, so please bear with me.

Welcome to Community Building!

I'm in the process of developing a website for an amateur music projects website.
Basics are that one can create a profile and submit which instruments they play, at what level and what genres they want to perform in.

Sounds like you can just create multi-select CB field for users to select instruments they play. Level could be single select and genres perhaps multi-select.

Then I also need a way to give my users the possibility to create projects with events and submit criteria which people have to meet to be able to sign up. So this is looks for a match between to the parameters about from the profiles in regards to instrument type, play level and genre.

Perhaps GroupJive can be used for projects, although I think you would need an Events extension (see Joomla directory - I think jevents integrates with CB).

Is this possible with CB (I have the feeling it is) and how (with Group Jive possibly)?

See previous answers.

Second thing I want to is to have to sections, one for paying and one for non paying users.

CBSubs can handle different membership levels (paid).

I want to give additional features to the paying users:
- create projects and events

Depending on your events, projects solution you can use CBSubs to grant access to extension or even use CBSubs URL-parts protection on the extension.

This would depend on events, projects extension. If it has such quota limits then ok, if not well, CBSubs does not magically add features to an extension.

- show google maps map with users with same interests

Must install third party extension, plugin for this.

Is this possible? I assume I would need CBSubs, but does it have sufficient access control possibilities to create what I want in combination with the ACL of J1.6?

Thanks for your input!

CBSubs can handle the ACL part without need for J16 (as most extensions are not J16 ready ye).

13 years 2 weeks ago #160768 by danieltulp82
Replied by danieltulp82 on topic Re: howto?: additional features for paying members
wow, thanks, that's quick
I'll check out jevents

is there a way to get Group Jive and GBSubs as a pack without all the other bits in the professional pack?
is there a way that I can test whether what I want is possible with Group Jive and GBSubs in a testing environment before paying for the package? I can do it on my testing environment, or perhaps you have a demo where I can play with it (obviously I prefer the first, if it works, I would not need to set everything up again)

13 years 2 weeks ago #160770 by nant

danieltulp82 wrote: wow, thanks, that's quick
I'll check out jevents

is there a way to get Group Jive and GBSubs as a pack without all the other bits in the professional pack?
is there a way that I can test whether what I want is possible with Group Jive and GBSubs in a testing environment before paying for the package? I can do it on my testing environment, or perhaps you have a demo where I can play with it (obviously I prefer the first, if it works, I would not need to set everything up again)

We have a frontend demo of CBSubs and Groupjive at cbsubs1.cbdemosites.com/

Sorry no backend demo available.

GroupJive is not sold separately, it is part of the Advanced membership.

There are no trials or refunds on GPL based services.

We do have a 30 day refund period for CBSubs.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn