User Id on Profile Page

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162963 by whiteviper
User Id on Profile Page was created by whiteviper
Hello Everyone

I want to be able to display the user_id on the Profile Page of a registered member.

I did find this: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/114-cb-122-usability/134511-solved-show-user-id-in-profile-view

Being pretty much a beginner at both Joomla and CB, I find myself struggling to implement the above...I actually thought generating a UserId would be, pretty much, a basic thing with that being the key to the user data table.

What I really wanted to learn was where exactly am I meant to do the substitution...the link mentions the content for the delimiter field....but when setting up a new delimiter field, I am not sure where to insert the [user_id]. Which of those parameters specifies the content of the delimiter field?

I also went through this: www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage ....I tried some things from there but it didn't work.

I am missing something....am I meant to go into the actual php field and assign the sql query to the field value there?

As you can see I am pretty lost....:blush: Please Help!

Many thanks in advance.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #162977 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Id on Profile Page

whiteviper wrote: Hello Everyone

I want to be able to display the user_id on the Profile Page of a registered member.

I did find this: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/114-cb-122-usability/134511-solved-show-user-id-in-profile-view

Being pretty much a beginner at both Joomla and CB, I find myself struggling to implement the above...I actually thought generating a UserId would be, pretty much, a basic thing with that being the key to the user data table.

What I really wanted to learn was where exactly am I meant to do the substitution...the link mentions the content for the delimiter field....but when setting up a new delimiter field, I am not sure where to insert the [user_id]. Which of those parameters specifies the content of the delimiter field?

I also went through this: www.allmysocials.com/tutorials/item/233-substitution-usage ....I tried some things from there but it didn't work.

I am missing something....am I meant to go into the actual php field and assign the sql query to the field value there?

As you can see I am pretty lost....:blush: Please Help!

Many thanks in advance.

You found the right information.

Just create a new CB field of delimiter type and put [user_id] in the delimiter field description area.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163000 by whiteviper
Replied by whiteviper on topic Re: User Id on Profile Page
::looks most decidedly sheepish::

It was that simple that I never thought about what was in front of my nose!:P

In my defence, though I did manage to figure it out myself...still learning never stops.

Thanks Nick for responding.

I'm rather enjoying CB at the moment.

Uhm I did have another question....I'll just post it here rather than create a new thread.

Under list management, once I have got my list working and published....can I somehow configure it to search based on the UserId rather than the username? That would be simply brilliant.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163152 by whiteviper
I seem to gather questions at an exponential rate! In addition to my previous question about searching by user id, I have a new problem....

I created a new field called Mobile Number, type Integer and set the following PERL RegEx for validation.
^[7|8|9][0-9]{9}

Meaning the number is ten digits the first of which has to be 7 or 8 or 9. However this validation does not seem to be working.

Also tried,
^[7-9][0-9](9)

I don't want to use '/d' to avoid any chance of that failing or conflicting with something.

I checked these using an online Perl RegEx tool and they are matching the test cases just fine.

Also, once the number is in the profile...editing it is producing some completely different number...For Eg: 9425607468 is saved as 2147483647. Is there some kind of type casting going on? Should I use a textfield instead of Integer?

Finally, I'd like to point out that even if email verification is disabled...during registration the info field for email still mentions that it will be used for verification. How can I change this?

If any one could give me a clue as to what's going wrong or point me in the right direction, I'd be immensely grateful.

If I should be putting each question in a new thread (some prefer this as it makes searching for other users easier), please let me know and I'll do that... most forums prefer keeping things to a single thread to keep things tidy.

12 years 11 months ago #163219 by whiteviper
Hulloo Anyone home??? I'm beginning to feel like I'm having a conversation with myself :blink: ....someone did approve my avatar after all! Not quite like the "conversations with Myself" by the Nelson Mandela :lol:

I did figure out the RegEx....it does not work with interger fields....must be set to a normal text field for it work properly. Seems the integer is being typecast into a string literal....causing it's value to change.

I could still use some help with the other two matters...I'm wondering whether I should ask over at the Joomla forums as well...

12 years 11 months ago #163220 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User Id on Profile Page
Please be patient on free forum areas - community members don't respond as often as we hope and the CB Team has higher priority items.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn