User Id on Profile Page

12 years 11 months ago #163396 by tinetto
Replied by tinetto on topic Re: User Id on Profile Page

whiteviper wrote: I somehow configure it to search based on the UserId rather than the username?

I think delimiter fields are not searchable

whiteviper wrote: Finally, I'd like to point out that even if email verification is disabled...during registration the info field for email still mentions that it will be used for verification. How can I change this?

you can adjust string through language file
in
/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php
or write whatever you want in the Description box when edit the field

bye

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163484 by whiteviper
Replied by whiteviper on topic Re: User Id on Profile Page
Thanks a bunch tinetto.:) +1 for your help

The field description doesn't quite cut it, but I will edit default_language.php and see what happens.

Yes, delimiter fields cannot be set to searchable...Guess I was just hoping for someway around that. Perhaps I will have to write the code for it. Or perhaps I could assign the value of that field to another field, just after registration and make that searchable...would that work? Although it does not seem a very efficient way to go about it, having a redundant table column and all that.

Nant, I didn't mean to sound impatient. I blame it on all this instant gratification philosophy nonsense we have these days! :P

Cheers guys.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn