Just can't get CB 1.4 installed correctly?

12 years 10 months ago #166534 by PhoenixUK
Hi All,

Newbie here, so go easy on me :)

I have a fresh install of Joomla 1.6.3 and I am trying to get CB 1.4 installed before any other extensions and add-ons but it won't install correctly for me.

I have read many forums and other web pages resources regarding fairly similar issues to this, but there isn't anything definitive as to a fix, would somebody be so kind as to help me resolve this issue, I desperately need CB to complement my new website.

I have followed the "README-NEW-INSTALL" text document whilst installing, making sure to follow it 100% in order of it's contents but as soon as I install "com_comprofiler" there's 2 screens of which you know and on the 1st part of the install process I get an error flash up saying "Error Building Admin Menus". It then jumps to the 2nd install process screen and finishes with all green lights.

I just don't have the "Community Builder" show up in the components section of my joomla, however all CB plugins show up as installed, if I continue to install them all.

I have also defaulted back to Joomla 1.6.3 default template, to see if that made any difference and it doesn't, so doesn't seem as thought it's a template issue?

I hope somebody can help me and look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,
Phoenix

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #166544 by nant
If you install the component again do you see the menus?

12 years 10 months ago #166553 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Re: Just can't get CB 1.4 installed correctly?
Hi nant and thank you for the reply.

I have uninstalled the component and then re-installed it but to no avail.

However, when installing Joomla, I did select the mysqli instead of mysql, not sure if this would make a difference having never used mysqli before and unsure what it even does.

Therefore I'm thinking of deleting all Joomla site files (not many as new install)
and database(s), then setting up new fresh database(s) and re-installing a 100% fresh new install of Joomla.

Then I will attempt to install CB 1.4 again and see what happens at that point.

Just out of interest, is there ANY settings in Joomla 1.6.3 that CB 1.4 doesn't like? If so, I can make sure that I disable or enable said settings in my Joomla install.

Regards,
Phoenix

12 years 10 months ago #167419 by mpinarci
Replied by mpinarci on topic Re: Just can't get CB 1.4 installed correctly?
Hi There
I have the same issue!
After Installing and reinstalling the comprofiler I get the same error Error building Admin Menus, after wihle everything installed message appears.
But under the menu extensions there is no CB link. see the attachment

murat
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.168 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn